Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just dyed my hair for the first time..question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinkescalades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkescalades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just dyed my hair for the first time..question
    Posted: May 20 2004 at 9:55pm
Hi..i just dyed my hair for the first time, and i have a question and it seems like everytime i ask someone, i get a different answer. Okay, my hair is very very dark brown, almost black..my friend told me to try Loreal preference, i dont remember the exact name, but it is th eone that is made for people with dark brown hair to lighten it. i got the light golden brown. I was really worried about it coming out orangy..but it actually came out REALLY good and i love it. I get a ton of compliments on it and i think it blends really well with my eyes and makes me not look as pale since i have really fair skin.
BUT..i dont know what to do when it comes time to re-do it in the 4 -6 weeks. Some people have told me to only do my roots, and others have said that if i only do my roots, they will be much brigher than the rest of my hair so i need to do my whole head. I really like how it looks and i dont want to mess it up and end up ruining it.
Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated..thanks!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 4:15am
There should be instructions for touch-ups that come with the dye. Be sure to read and follow them carefully, because they vary, but the general idea is just that you cover the new growth at the roots, and leave that in for fifteen or twenty minutes, or however long it says. Then you cover the rest of your hair and let that process for the last five or ten minutes, as long as it says to. That way your roots should be covered, and the rest of your hair brightened up to match.
More awesome than a manatee!
COLORCRAZY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COLORCRAZY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2004 at 3:00pm
I always do my whole head just to give it a kick! I would say use your best judgement. If you want to re-lighten your hair a bit do your whole head.if you want it to stay the same, do the roots.
Never be afraid to try new things. Be
afraid of the people who won't!
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2004 at 12:08pm
you have to remember that your coloured hair is already damaged from earlier colouring. if pursue dyeing your hair as if it was virgin hair, you will damaged it further. that is why the box says then when touching up the roots, you apply the colour to the roots wait a while and then apply the rest of the colour back and leave it for a while.
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic