Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Conditioning Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sawyer84_2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawyer84_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conditioning Hair
    Posted: July 21 2004 at 11:42pm
I've heard that you can put conditioner, leave, and cover with a shower cap. I'm a guy with short but highlighted hair. Would this benefit me? How long and how often would I do this? Do guys wear shower caps-is it odd for them?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 4:46pm
No wonder this post looked familiar. I said to myself, what the heck? I thought I replied to this one already! LoL : )

here's a copy of my reply in "Hair & alternative therapies" :

A shower cap is a great idea and many people take advantage of this cheap way to prevent premature rinsing. It's mostly ladies who do it, but that's because gents don't usually care enough about their hair. It's always good to let conditioner "sit" on your hair for awhile. Wash and rinse your hair, then apply the conditioner + cap it, and move on to other body parts. Then de-cap and rinse well. Most people probably cap for around 3-5 minutes. You can do this at least once a week, I'd say.

You mentioned highlighting.. Since any chemical damages hair at least a bit, leaving conditioner on for extra time will definitely help you. Pantene Pro V contains a lot of silicone products, which will coat the hair and protect it from the elements (assuming you haven't had problems with cone conditioners like Pantene and L'Oreal before).
And if you're still miffy about it, it's not like anyone's gonna see you in the shower anyway... : )

Good luck

Anais Satin
babybxoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babybxoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2004 at 2:13am
I have damaged hair, and I use deep conditioners on my hair. I wet my hair, squeeze out excess water, put the conditioner in my hair, put on a shower cap. I do it right before I go to bed and then I wake up and rinse it out and then shampoo and condition as normal. It's good to condition your hair, and the longer the better. Sleeping in conditioner is one of the best things i've done for my hair. It's so mush healthier looking and less frizzy... but i'm always always looking for new ways to make my hair even healthier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic