Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katherine Heigl went short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Katherine Heigl went short
    Posted: March 11 2011 at 10:28am
http://www.toofab.com/2011/03/11/katherine-heigl-haircut-short-hairdo-new-do-photos/

This one was almost a score for the good guys LOL

It almost looks like she worked up the nerve to go short, but got scared after the initial snips...IMO if she wanted to go short, she should go shorter. She's certainly pretty enough to pull it off.

If not, she should have left it alone.

It will be interesting to see what she does next.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 11:02am
I kinda like it... Be interesting to see future styling options.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 11:16am
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Who, exactly, are the good guys?  It's a matter of personal preference, not good versus bad.  I occasionally take long hair types to task for using the "good/bad" argument, so i need to be "fair and balanced".

WITH THAT SAID, I think the cut shows off her beautiful, graceful neck without the distraction of some ubiquitous ponytail or some twisted updo mess!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 11:24am
good guys are of course the short hair fans! gotta keep kramer riled up ya know!

I actually posted before scrolling through the entire gallery. After seeing many more pics of it, I do like it a little bit better. I agree with you it does show off her features now!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 11:58am
Agreed with the sentiments up top.  Heigle seems to be one of those traditional beauties who really wants to do something substantially edgier but chickens out a little bit.  She should just take the plunge, do something drastic and change her image. 

Its not bad though. She really is beautifula and can't do much wrong. 
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 12:43pm
    Haircut is not particularly pretty, IMO.  Confused Bob
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 1:38pm
She needs to just take the plunge and do a pixie...would look awesome
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 2:14pm
I like short hair on her, this style does do anything in my opinion. It looks like a grown out pixie that needs to be trimmed and shaped up.

Not sure if that opinion makes me a good guy or bad guy..Wacko
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 3:19pm
I want to more pictures but she has said before that she wanted to go short, very short in fact. I'm liking it so far

Found another from a different angle

Edited by HAWG - March 11 2011 at 3:44pm
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 3:54pm

I lost that loving feeling for Heigl a few years ago when a) I saw how upset she was when she didn't get nominated for an Emmy for her role on Grey's Anatomy, b) I discovered she smoked like a chimney, c) she let her roots show way too often and, yes, d) she cut her hair. She's pretty full of herself -- and for what? I think her hair has been around this shorter length (or maybe a little longer) for awhile now and she added extensions to make it look longer. I don't remember her being seen in public like this, though.

Trout, she's tried all sorts of changes over the years, so "been there, done that" on doing something drastic. Remember her dark hair days? Wasn't she even a redhead for awhile?

And finally, since you expect it from me, here is a photo of how great Heigl can look with long hair:

If she has looked better than this, I don't remember it.

Kramer, President
Good Guys

Who has more fun than people?
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

I lost that loving feeling for Heigl a few years ago when a) I saw how upset she was when she didn't get nominated for an Emmy for her role on Grey's Anatomy, b) I discovered she smoked like a chimney, c) she let her roots show way too often and, yes, d) she cut her hair. She's pretty full of herself -- and for what? I think her hair has been around this shorter length (or maybe a little longer) for awhile now and she added extensions to make it look longer. I don't remember her being seen in public like this, though.

Trout, she's tried all sorts of changes over the years, so "been there, done that" on doing something drastic. Remember her dark hair days? Wasn't she even a redhead for awhile?

And finally, since you expect it from me, here is a photo of how great Heigl can look with long hair:

If she has looked better than this, I don't remember it.

Kramer, President
Good Guys

It tough..really tough to notice her hair in that pic, I'm a wee bit distracted.
todsweeney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todsweeney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 5:26pm
Can't think why... honest.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 7:19pm
Am I one of the good guys?
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 8:31pm
Great picture Kramer.

Losing the length or doing something different does not instantly equate to doing something edgy.  I would use this cut as an example.  Its clearly a transition from long hair to short hair, just like she made the transition from long hair to mid length a couple of years ago. Its just not really in a different family of haircuts though.  Its still a pretty classic look with no edge to it.  Maybe thats what she wants and thats why she keeps doing it.  I just always get the sense that she wants to do something more drastic though.  She should go all the way to pixie, get some serious bangs or layers or something that makes it a less traditional cut. 
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2011 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Am I one of the good guys?

Of course you are fat!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Am I one of the good guys? [IMG]smileys/fence.gif" align="middle" />
Of course you are fat!

You too Jockey!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2011 at 7:27pm
I was waiting for a pixie but, this is interesting? Don't get me wrong she looks great with long hair 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 8:21am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Who, exactly, are the good guys?  It's a matter of personal preference, not good versus bad.  I occasionally take long hair types to task for using the "good/bad" argument, so i need to be "fair and balanced".

WITH THAT SAID, I think the cut shows off her beautiful, graceful neck without the distraction of some ubiquitous ponytail or some twisted updo mess!

<mod hat on>

I agree with ssjockey.  It doesn't matter what length or style people here prefer, but to categorically describe lovers of short (or long) as "the good guys" implies that those on the other side of the fence are not among the good guys, and that's not only unfair it's untrue.

<mod hat off>

rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 9:08am
Interesting,
Over at People Magazines online "Vote on star hair changes", in their beauty/style section, a staggering 95% prefer Katherine with long hair....usually the numbers are not so extreme.

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2011 at 9:50am
Here's my problem with it: it's half a style...at least the way she is styling it.  If you think back to her 'do just prior to the cut, this looks like she just cut the length off the back and sides and left the top alone.  To flip what someone said above, it looks like she's in the midst of growing out a short cut rather than just having gotten it cut to this.

Much like Jennifer Aniston's new coif, I see this as another Waffle House hairstyle - somewhere you end up, not somewhere you plan to go to.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic