Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair = Personality?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PumpkinPie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PumpkinPie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair = Personality?
    Posted: May 29 2011 at 3:51pm
I've been dieing to get a cut about as short as this http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http… (Without the bangs) But my mother is advising against it unless I change my overall look and attitude to match it better. Because for my age (18) it would be for a confident, spunky person and I'm more shy and reserved. So my question is: When you see a hairstyle like this would you expect a girl to be spunky and confident?
Have you ever met a shy person with this haircut?

And out of curiosity, would you say that your haircut fits your personality and\or general style?

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 7:08pm
I think there is something to be said for haircuts matching personality but that premise doesn't always hold true.  The same goes for face shape and haircut. My thoughts are that you ought to go for what makes you happy and if for that odd chance it doesn't, the difference in a good haircut and a bad haircut is a couple of weeks.  BTW, I love that haircut you posted; please let us know what you decide.
HAWG
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 8:22pm
My take on this is ladies who have short hair are more daring. My wife has the same cut but with micro bangs. she is very confident in her looks and she is not snob. very easy to talk to also. I like short hair on young and old. Most who I know who have long hair are very good sports also.
Mike
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 8:51pm
I offer another angle.  If you change your hairstyle to a more dramatic look, people will look at you differently and treat you differently (those that don't already know you).  This will affect your behavior and more than likely give you more confidence.  In other words, does the personality make the hairstyle or does the hairstyle make the personality?
Go for it...only true way to find out.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 8:30pm
Here is a picture of my wifes recent cut i did for her. What do you think for the summer
Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PumpkinPie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 8:51pm
I got it done today! I figured hey, why do the fun people get to have all the fun? And maybe I'll gradually learn to stop being to caught up in the assumed preconceptions of strangers and just enjoy being myself. I decided to leave some of my bangs and keep them off the side. I love it short, it's softer, more shiny, and I can feel my scalp more too, I like that. (My hat and headphones feel great on it lol) I may or may not keep the bangs and the pieces in front of my ears (What are those called, anyway?) but I'll definitely be keeping the short cut for a good long time. dance3

Thank you three for answering! I really appreciate it. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PumpkinPie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 8:55pm
I like your wife's haircut :) I bet its a relief in the warm weather. I can't wait to be able to tell the difference myself. Does she have to worry about sunburn on her neck though?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 9:51pm
Awesome! So happy you did it and you like it. Thanks for sharing.
HAWG
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:46am
Yes, its absolutely true that your hair reflects about your personality. Hence, make it sure that you are getting the right hair style according to your personality and style.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic