Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair routine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair routine
    Posted: September 01 2004 at 1:53pm
This is my hair routine can you tell me if something is wrong with it. First of all I have African American hair but it is relaxed but not bone straight. It's like tiny waves. I have a whole lot of hair and it puffs out if I let it airdry loose.

First I wash my scalp with T-Gel. Next I shampoo my hair with matrix sleek.look followed by matrix sleek.look conditioner. Once a week I deep condition with Dark & Lovely Ultra Cholesterol (it's yellow).
On my soaking wet hair I apply john frieda's frizz ease hair serum. I comb it out a bit and put matrix sleek.look hair creme. Then I let it dry a little bit and put john frieda's wind down creme for relaxed hair. And comb it out all the way. Let it dry a tiny bit more and put it in a bun.

When it's dry I put breakthru moisturizing stuff on it and style it (usually just a ponytail or braids).
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2004 at 7:08pm
Your routine sounds fine, except maybe the amount of product you put on it.. I see at least three different ones listed that actually stay on the hair. but as long as you clarify every week or so, and use the right grooming tools, and hair friendly accessories, etc.... etc.. you should be okay.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 10:26am
Do you know of a good clarifying shampoo? I keep trying to find one in the product finder section but they have it closed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 12:01pm
Suave has a clarifier and it's the only one I can think of, but I'm not sure how effective it is. I clarify with a vinegar rinse... take 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and put it in a 20 oz bottle. Fill the rest with tap water. Pour it through your hair and on your scalp, after shampooing and before conditioning. It shouldn't leave a smell because you condition afterwards.

HTH : )

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 9:49am
What about Herbal Essences do you know if their clarifying shampoo is good? My mom doesn't buy apple cider vinegar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2004 at 9:53am
I haven't tried their brand. But I do know that the Herbal Essences Clarifying Shampoo has a harsh ingredient listed third on the list (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) so it's actually a lot harsher than ACV. Apple Cider Vinegar is also cheaper.

Anais
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 6:05pm
My mom told me to just get the Herbal Essences. All the clarifying shampoos at KMart have that harsh ingredient but in Herbal Essences it wasn't listed first like all the others. Are you supposed to use normal shampoo after clarifying?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 11:13pm
If it works for you and you like the results, Herbal Essences is a great line. Smells good.

You just condition afterwards, don't shampoo again.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2004 at 4:41pm
Thank you. I love the smell.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic