Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it possible to change the texture...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it possible to change the texture...
    Posted: September 11 2004 at 11:38pm
of your hair?

My hair is pretty thick. I'm growing it out..

It's about 2 niches now. t's stiff as hell, always stands up, sticks out, etc.

And I just realized that when my hair grows out, it'll look goddam stupid...

I want it to move loosely but I get a feeling it won't...

Or is there a chance It will???

Thanks in advnace.
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2004 at 11:45pm
Will deep conditioning and lots moisturizing help?

What does deep condit. mean?

Like tons of conditioner a coupe of times a day or another special type of condt?

Would it be possible to change the texture by using different cutting techniques?
EuroDance!!!
Takin it back to the 90's.
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 1:35am
So do you mean you have that porcupine stiff hair that sticks up? If you keep growing it out, the sheer weight of it will bring it down and it can move on its own.

In the Asian hair forum, I've read that using relaxer's for African hair will flatten it. You will have to visit that forum to find out more. I am not too sure about how to do this.

Conditioning will soften your hair, but it won't do anything about the way it's sticking up. Deep conditioners are the more intense ones that are for damaged hair. They can also be called reconstructors.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2004 at 1:29am
Deep conditioning is also a process... that can also include carrier oils. At least that's the longhair definition.
my LJ, 40 inches long
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2004 at 12:58am
A razor cut is can add texture to hair. Relaxing and perming can also change it. Not taking care of it also changes it.
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic