Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eyelash Perm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyelash Perm
    Posted: September 19 2004 at 9:56pm
Has anyone ever heard of or had their eyelashes permed? I heard it can be done and it last about 2 months? You don't need mascara or anything and it stays curled. Any information would be helpful.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 8:56pm
I wouldn't recommend it... I assume an eyelash perm would also involve an alkali (base) and that's total hazard if they get sloppy and dribble some on your eyeball. The chemicals they use in perms are corrosive.

Use an eyelash curler instead--much safer.
Cassidy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 10:54am
I definitely agree, I wouldn''''t try this (which I''''ve never heard of before until you mentioned it). It seems too harsh and too permanent, aside from posing obvious dangers to your eyes. What if you didn''''t like the results? I doubt they have an eyebrown relaxing/straightening process. Just remember, eyes are incredibly delicate and you should try to keep chemicals away from them. Even eyelashes are fragile. They can fall out if you are too rough when trying to remove mascara, so I''''m assuming that a harsh perming solution would be even more damaging. In my opinion, stick to the eyelash curler. It''''s safe (as long as you don''''t jab it in your eye) and temporary. This eyelash perm idea seems up there with permanent makeup to me. I mean, what if you don''''t like it? I keep saying that but it really is an important thing to ask yourself. Good luck in deciding what''''s best for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic