Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Physician Seeking Life Partner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Physician Seeking Life Partner
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
43 SWM physician seeking woman to settle down with. Of course I love long hair but there is so much more that I love about a woman: her softness, compassion, sense of humor, the way she looks in a pretty dress, and how she thinks differently from a man. I enjoy being out in nature, travelling, hiking, camping, bicycling, snorkelling, photography, and cooking. If interested please contact by email @ erothen.pol.net
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
Rick:What part of the country are you in? Sounds like we have a few things in common.> 43 SWM physician seeking woman to settle> down with. Of course I love long hair but there> is so much more that I love about a woman: her> softness, compassion, sense of humor, the way> she looks in a pretty dress, and how she thinks> differently from a man. I enjoy being out in nature,> travelling, hiking, camping, bicycling, snorkelling,> photography, and cooking. If interested please> contact by email @ erothen.pol.net
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
> Rick:> What part of the country are you in? Sounds> like we have a few things in common.Brandy, I live in California (San Francisco Bay Area) but may be willing to move for the right person. Where are you? RICK :)
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
I used to live in the Bay Area myself. I was in the San Jose area for a couple of years, and then migrated to Concord on the East Side for about 3 years...The earthquake of '89 "got my attention" and I moved to Colorado. (I hated California to begin with, and I always swore that when I got the chance I would "move to Colorado, get a big house on the side of a mountain and become the 'World's Oldest Living Skibunny'".)I work in the Denver metro area, but I actually live about 30 miles west, up in the mountains...and yes, I'm working on becoming the World's Oldest Living etc... (I've been skiing for about 18 years, so the skibunny part was pretty easy...It's the "Oldest Living" part that I'm working on now! )I just thought I would break the ice and say 'hello'.Cheers,B>>> Brandy, I live in California (San Francisco> Bay Area) but may be willing to move for the right> person. Where are you? RICK :)
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
Hi Brandy ! Denver is not a bad place. As I said, I would move anywhere for the right person. I am just about ready to retire anyway..and am looking for a woman to retire with. So its not important that I move to an area where there is work for me. I'm not a big skier but I like being outdoors and in nature so we might just be compatible. Please tell me what you are looking for and if there was something about my ad that particularly interested you. It might be easier if you respond to me directly by email. My address is GuyLksHair@aol.com. Hope to hear from you soon. RICK :)> I used to live in the Bay Area myself. I> was in the San Jose area for a couple of years,> and then migrated to Concord on the East Side> for about 3 years...The earthquake of '89 "got> my attention" and I moved to Colorado. (I> hated California to begin with, and I always swore> that when I got the chance I would "move> to Colorado, get a big house on the side of a> mountain and become the 'World's Oldest Living> Skibunny'".)> I work in the Denver metro area, but I actually> live about 30 miles west, up in the mountains...and> yes, I'm working on becoming the World's Oldest> Living etc... (I've been skiing for about 18 years,> so the skibunny part was pretty easy...It's the> "Oldest Living" part that I'm working> on now! )> I just thought I would break the ice and> say 'hello'.> Cheers,> B>
Tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
OK, OK, I admit it. I have been enjoying reading the posts between you and Brandy. I was disappointed to see that you have suggested an offline conversation.I guess this means that I have a slight case of voyeurism. Well at least I am admitting that I enjoyed it. :-)I am not looking to meet anyone since I am happily attached, but I did enjoy watching you and Brandy interact.Good luck to both of you and thanks for letting me see the first part. :-)Tina> Hi Brandy ! Denver is not a bad place. As> I said, I would move anywhere for the right person.> I am just about ready to retire anyway..and am> looking for a woman to retire with. So its not> important that I move to an area where there is> work for me. I'm not a big skier but I like being> outdoors and in nature so we might just be compatible.> Please tell me what you are looking for and if> there was something about my ad that particularly> interested you. It might be easier if you respond> to me directly by email. My address is GuyLksHair@aol.com.> Hope to hear from you soon. RICK :)
that is a hair DON'T
bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
Yeah, me too. I was also wondering what I did wrong.At the risk of sounding like "The Love Connection" guy...keep in touch with us, will ya?: ) Bill> OK, OK, I admit it. I have been enjoying> reading the posts between you and Brandy. I was> disappointed to see that you have suggested an> offline conversation.
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Tina:I did send Rick a private message, but primarily all I said was that the reason I was on this board was because I have medium-long hair that I prefer to wear up in a French Twist most of the time, and I'm tired of being with people who constantly nag me about wearing it down. It's sort of "part of my persona". I've always thought it would be nice to be in a relationship where wearing it up was OK, and even appreciated. (So far, it's never been that way.)I didn't realize that we had an "appreciative audience." I'll try to keep the correspondence pretty much out in the open, unless Rick asks me to keep parts of it in confidence.Lurk, if you like....B>> OK, OK, I admit it. I have been enjoying> reading the posts between you and Brandy. I was> disappointed to see that you have suggested an> offline conversation.> I guess this means that I have a slight case> of voyeurism. Well at least I am admitting that> I enjoyed it. :-)> I am not looking to meet anyone since I am> happily attached, but I did enjoy watching you> and Brandy interact.> Good luck to both of you and thanks for letting> me see the first part. :-)> Tina
Rick View Drop Down

Dear Brandy (and all lurkers),For some reason I never got your email message. What email address did you send it to? What was the title of the email? If you want to keep all the lurkers happy we can continue to post here while we work out the email problem. I can see big smiles on the lurkers faces now :) And guess what? I looooove french twists. They are a particularly good hairstyle to put flowers in :)))> Tina:> I did send Rick a private message, but primarily> all I said was that the reason I was on this board> was because I have medium-long hair that I prefer> to wear up in a French Twist most of the time,> and I'm tired of being with people who constantly> nag me about wearing it down. It's sort of "part> of my persona". I've always thought it would> be nice to be in a relationship where wearing> it up was OK, and even appreciated. (So far, it's> never been that way.)> I didn't realize that we had an "appreciative> audience." I'll try to keep the correspondence> pretty much out in the open, unless Rick asks> me to keep parts of it in confidence.> Lurk, if you like....> B>
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Rick:I sent the message to: GuyLksHair@aol.com In fact, I did a "cut & paste" from your message to make sure I got it right, and usually if it's wrong it will bounce back...and it didn't...Here it is, in its entirety:"Just thought I would drop a line and see 'where it goes' .    If you're ready to retire, I'm curious...How old are you?  (I should be honest and tell you that I'm definately over-40....)   I'm on the board because I have medium-long hair, I generally wear it up in a French Twist, and I thought it might be interesting to have a relationship with someone who appreciated it, instead of constantly nagging me about wearing it down.  It's sort of part of my persona, and I'm not likely to change much.   So tell me more about yourself...      B>"Now, there's nothing there that I can't say out in public. . I agree with Cathi's(?) message at the top today that it would really be nice to find out what else there is to know about you, besides the fact that you like long hair! So talk to me....B>> Dear Brandy (and all lurkers),> For some reason I never got your email message.> What email address did you send it to? What was> the title of the email? If you want to keep all> the lurkers happy we can continue to post here> while we work out the email problem. I can see> big smiles on the lurkers faces now :) And guess> what? I looooove french twists. They are a particularly> good hairstyle to put flowers in :)))
Rick View Drop Down

Brandy,I am 43 years old but I've been working hard for the last 20 years to become financially secure. I think I am finally there. I am a physician with specialty in psychiatry. I have never been married and have no children. I think I told you about the things I enjoy in my first posting (nature, hiking, bicycling, music, coooking, and travel). I love natural settings and natural women (no makeup). What i enjoy most is either doing a womans hair for her or taking her to get it done (I especially love roller sets...rollers make a womans hair so soft, shiney, and bouncey).Do you have a picture? I can't imagine how i missed ur email. What was the title of it? Perhaps u could send ur email address one more time but we can continue to post here for all the lurkers. RICK :)> Rick:> I sent the message to: GuyLksHair@aol.com> In fact, I did a "cut & paste" from> your message to make sure I got it right, and> usually if it's wrong it will bounce back...and> it didn't...> Here it is, in its entirety:> "Just thought I would drop a line and> see 'where it goes' .    If you're ready to retire,> I'm curious...How old are you?  (I should be honest> and tell you that I'm definately over-40....)>   I'm on the board because I have medium-long> hair, I generally wear it up in a French Twist,> and I thought it might be interesting to have> a relationship with someone who appreciated it,> instead of constantly nagging me about wearing> it down.  It's sort of part of my persona, and> I'm not likely to change much.   So tell me more> about yourself...      B>"> Now, there's nothing there that I can't say> out in public. . I agree with Cathi's(?) message> at the top today that it would really be nice> to find out what else there is to know about you,> besides the fact that you like long hair! So talk> to me....> B>
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Oh, Honey, you do NOT want to see me without makeup...That falls into the category of "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." We share a lot of the same interests, i.e., nature, hiking, music, cooking, travel...I'll pass on the bicycling, just because my knees aren't all that great, (18 years of skiing).I tried resending the same message to you with a subject line of "Test...." Let me know if it makes the trip.Off to work....(Hi ho, Hi ho).B>> Brandy,> I am 43 years old but I've been working hard> for the last 20 years to become financially secure.> I think I am finally there. I am a physician with> specialty in psychiatry. I have never been married> and have no children. I think I told you about> the things I enjoy in my first posting (nature,> hiking, bicycling, music, coooking, and travel).> I love natural settings and natural women (no> makeup). What i enjoy most is either doing a womans> hair for her or taking her to get it done (I especially> love roller sets...rollers make a womans hair> so soft, shiney, and bouncey).> Do you have a picture? I can't imagine how> i missed ur email. What was the title of it? Perhaps> u could send ur email address one more time but> we can continue to post here for all the lurkers.> RICK :)
Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
Ok, Ok.....I've had it already. Will you guys just get together and make this world a little nicer. I think all the posts have been wonderful, and I really hope you keep it up, but life is to short.....GET TOGETHER!!!! But please keep us informed of all the magic......Warm wishes to you both.....:)> Oh, Honey, you do NOT want to see me without> makeup...That falls into the category of "pay> no attention to that man behind the curtain.">> We share a lot of the same interests, i.e.,> nature, hiking, music, cooking, travel...I'll> pass on the bicycling, just because my knees aren't> all that great, (18 years of skiing).> I tried resending the same message to you> with a subject line of "Test...." Let> me know if it makes the trip.> Off to work....(Hi ho, Hi ho).> B>
Rick View Drop Down

Dear Brandy (and Tina and Joe and Bill and all other lurkers),I love when you call me "honey" (see below). This is becoming a soap opera...but I kind of like it. We may want to publish it in hardcopy in the future. I'm glad we were able to finally solve the email problem. If at anytime we want to get "personal" we can use that option. I dont think its time to get together yet because then we wont be able to entertain TIna, Bill, and Joe with our daily letters. Are you going to send me a picture? What are you looking for besides a man who is ok with your hair up? You never did say you feel about getting your hair set in rollers... RICK :)> Oh, Honey, you do NOT want to see me without> makeup...That falls into the category of "pay> no attention to that man behind the curtain.">> We share a lot of the same interests, i.e.,> nature, hiking, music, cooking, travel...I'll> pass on the bicycling, just because my knees aren't> all that great, (18 years of skiing).> I tried resending the same message to you> with a subject line of "Test...." Let> me know if it makes the trip.> Off to work....(Hi ho, Hi ho).> B>
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Hi, guy...Yeah, if this keeps up we'll have to publish...I don't have any pictures that are digitized right now, and since I just started a new job, I'm not sure when I'll be able to find a scanner at work; (I'm sure there are some, but it may take a while to track one down). As soon as I start getting a couple of paychecks in I'll probably invest in one of my own...Personally, I don't mind rollers, (I assume you mean "wet sets"). I used to go almost every weekend and do the whole wet set bit, but I haven't done that since about 1986. Ever since they came out with the hot rollers, there's no need.We'll chat later...> Dear Brandy (and Tina and Joe and Bill and> all other lurkers),> I love when you call me "honey"> (see below). This is becoming a soap opera...but> I kind of like it. We may want to publish it in> hardcopy in the future. I'm glad we were able> to finally solve the email problem. If at anytime> we want to get "personal" we can use> that option. I dont think its time to get together> yet because then we wont be able to entertain> TIna, Bill, and Joe with our daily letters. Are> you going to send me a picture? What are you looking> for besides a man who is ok with your hair up?> You never did say you feel about getting your> hair set in rollers... RICK :)
Tina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:36pm
You guys are wonderful.I personally don't care if you ever meet....both of your posts are better than any TV movie of the week and I personally am loving the adventures of Rick and Brandy. In fact....you guys should consider doing a coffee commerical. :-)Thanks for sharing with us all.Tina the Happy Lurker> Hi, guy...> Yeah, if this keeps up we'll have to publish...>> I don't have any pictures that are digitized> right now, and since I just started a new job,> I'm not sure when I'll be able to find a scanner> at work; (I'm sure there are some, but it may> take a while to track one down). As soon as I> start getting a couple of paychecks in I'll probably> invest in one of my own...> Personally, I don't mind rollers, (I assume> you mean "wet sets"). I used to go almost> every weekend and do the whole wet set bit, but> I haven't done that since about 1986. Ever since> they came out with the hot rollers, there's no> need.> We'll chat later...
that is a hair DON'T
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:37pm
Tina:You know, the Coffee Commercial people came to my mind a couple of days ago too! Now if he shows up at my door with a pizza and a set of hot rollers, I KNOW I'm in trouble! B>> You guys are wonderful.> I personally don't care if you ever meet....both> of your posts are better than any TV movie of> the week and I personally am loving the adventures> of Rick and Brandy. In fact....you guys should> consider doing a coffee commerical. :-)> Thanks for sharing with us all.> Tina the Happy Lurker
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:37pm
Tell me more, tell me more, tell me more... Yes I was referring to wetsets. Hot rollers damage hair but setting hair wet in rollers actually is good for the haiur because it smoothes the cuticle of the hair and protects the ends from damage while they dry (because the layers of hair rolled on top of the ends protect them from heat). Why were you setting ur hair every week? I would be curious to know what you saw as the perceived benefits. Looking forward to the next installment... RICK :)> Hi, guy...> Yeah, if this keeps up we'll have to publish...>> I don't have any pictures that are digitized> right now, and since I just started a new job,> I'm not sure when I'll be able to find a scanner> at work; (I'm sure there are some, but it may> take a while to track one down). As soon as I> start getting a couple of paychecks in I'll probably> invest in one of my own...> Personally, I don't mind rollers, (I assume> you mean "wet sets"). I used to go almost> every weekend and do the whole wet set bit, but> I haven't done that since about 1986. Ever since> they came out with the hot rollers, there's no> need.> We'll chat later...
Brandy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:37pm
Hi, guy...Actually I wasn't thinking about any other "perceived benefits" than making myself look better. I used to have a "standing appointment" every Saturday with a shop in Texas. It was my one "weekly splurge" on myself.I use the hot rollers with the fuzzy surfaces, so I don't really buy into the "terminal damage" argument. I look better with a "set" than without, and I can put them in for about 5 minutes, and I'm done., and I eat red meat, and have an occasional cocktail when I get home from work...(but on the other hand, I don't smoke!)...I guess I'll just have to past the hot-roller damage...B>> Tell me more, tell me more, tell me more...> Yes I was referring to wetsets. Hot rollers damage> hair but setting hair wet in rollers actually> is good for the haiur because it smoothes the> cuticle of the hair and protects the ends from> damage while they dry (because the layers of hair> rolled on top of the ends protect them from heat).> Why were you setting ur hair every week? I would> be curious to know what you saw as the perceived> benefits. Looking forward to the next installment...> RICK :)
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:37pm
I don't smoke either. Red meat isn't good for me (I'm plagued with mildly elevated cholesterol even though I only weigh 150 pounds) but I will eat it if it really tastes good. I'm glad to here that you think you look better with a set than without because I love what rollers do for a girl's hair....make it bouncy, give it shine (changes the way it reflects light), and make it soft. I do think that wetsets give better results but there is the disadvantage of the extra time required and the expense. So let me ask you..if I wet set your hair for you or paid for a salon to set it and kept you "entertained" while it was drying, could I convince you to go back to your weekly wetset?In addition to pretty hair I like loyal, honest, intelligent women with a sense of humor. What time of man are you looking for? Do you have any children? Are you looking to have any? Write back soon ... RICK :)> Hi, guy...> Actually I wasn't thinking about any other> "perceived benefits" than making myself> look better. I used to have a "standing appointment"> every Saturday with a shop in Texas. It was my> one "weekly splurge" on myself.> I use the hot rollers with the fuzzy surfaces,> so I don't really buy into the "terminal> damage" argument. I look better with a "set"> than without, and I can put them in for about> 5 minutes, and I'm done.> , and I eat red meat, and have an occasional> cocktail when I get home from work...(but on the> other hand, I don't smoke!)...I guess I'll just> have to past the hot-roller damage...> B>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic