Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MAD URGE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MAD URGE
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:49pm
I've always had a bit of a thing about hair and have spent many enjoyable hours reading this message board. I never thought about cutting my hair (its about 15 inches long and all one lenght)as I'm too scared! A couple of weeks ago I went to the salon for my usual 1 inch trim and when my stylist asked what I wanted to do with my hair, I had a sudden urge to cut it off. My sytlist was a bit reserved and said she'd cut off about 3 inches just to see if I liked it. That was nowhere near enough for me so I told her to cut more. I couldn't believe the feeling I got as I felt the scissors against the nape of my neck, about an inch below my hairline, but the best bit was when she cut the sides and I could see about 7 inches of hair falling onto the cape. I now sport a bob which ends just above my shoulders. What I'd like advice on is weather I should go shorter. I like the idea of having a chin length bob with a buzzed back but am not sure what this will be like once it starts to grow out. Anyone else had this done that would like to advise me.
rkingsley
Tami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:49pm
> I've always had a bit of a thing about hair and have> spent many enjoyable hours reading this message board.> I never thought about cutting my hair (its about 15> inches long and all one lenght)as I'm too scared! A> couple of weeks ago I went to the salon for my usual 1> inch trim and when my stylist asked what I wanted to> do with my hair, I had a sudden urge to cut it off. My> sytlist was a bit reserved and said she'd cut off> about 3 inches just to see if I liked it. That was> nowhere near enough for me so I told her to cut more.> I couldn't believe the feeling I got as I felt the> scissors against the nape of my neck, about an inch> below my hairline, but the best bit was when she cut> the sides and I could see about 7 inches of hair> falling onto the cape. I now sport a bob which ends> just above my shoulders. What I'd like advice on is> weather I should go shorter. I like the idea of having> a chin length bob with a buzzed back but am not sure> what this will be like once it starts to grow out.> Anyone else had this done that would like to advise> me.You know - you kind of remind me of myself but a bit more daring... I don't have the face or the body anymore for something that short.... Up until about 20 minutes ago my hair was in the middle of my back. I got sick of looking at split ends so I pulled out my little ol scissors only intending to cut about 1/2" off.... well I know what you mean about that feeling... kind of hard to explain but I know... but it's even weirder when you cut your own hair.I started out with that little 1/2" thing and didn't see that much of a difference.. the splits were still there and so forth so I went a little higher and heard that thunk when the chunk of hair hit the floor... I thought oooopppss but it was too late. I cut off about 3" and stopped for a while... then I thought it still needed to be just a tad shorter... another 2" were gone and now I was getting scared ! well about 6" later - it feels healthier and looks better but my stylist is gonna look at me like what have YOU done... oh well....If you let your hair grow out, you're going to have to do it in layers... ask your stylist for her/his advice... You may just want to leave it alone for now.... Try growing it out for a while and trying another cut... if you search stuff on the internet there are some really cute haircuts. I thought about it but chickened out.
Juliet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:51pm
What I'd like advice on is> weather I should go shorter. I like the idea of having> a chin length bob with a buzzed back but am not sure> what this will be like once it starts to grow out.> Anyone else had this done that would like to advise> me.I got a chin length bob last year in the spring. actualy my mom cut it that short even though it wasn't what i wanted. Anyway if you don't like your hair in your face all the time i don't recamend it. also if your hair is a striat as mine, you'll have to spend a lot of time trying to make it look right. it's hotter in the summer depending on how short you cut it in the back becuase it just hangs there. you can't do a lot with it so think, a lot before you do it. Rash hair dicisions are rarely like afterwards. I didn't get the back buzzed much but after a year my hairs normal. well just some stuff to think about.Juliet
Ali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:52pm
Greetings...My name is Ali and I live in Pittsburgh Pa. I am 39 years of age and hasa VERY STRONG adoration for women and their hair.I do have a room in AOL where I welcome all women who love hair to sharetheir stories and desires with each other.My AOL name is MsTresHair. ( i.e. Mistress, Ms Tress, Tress' of hair &Mistress of hair)The day that I opened that room for the first time I was astonished tofind that I was not the only women on the face of the planet that feltthe same way towards hair as I did.I seem to take things to higher levels then most women but all the same,It's great to have someone to chat with about a mutual adoration.I also not only enjoy women's manes but also, hair pieces, falls, 3/4caps and wigs of all types.I hope to hair from you soon....Ali... aka MsTresHair
~*~Alisha~*~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic