Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Over one year ago people were jealous of my thick curly hair, but now they just laugh at it!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Over one year ago people were jealous of my thick curly hair, but now they just laugh at it!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Natashatj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natashatj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Over one year ago people were jealous of my thick curly hair, but now they just laugh at it!!!!
    Posted: November 20 2001 at 9:23am
Over two years ago i had what most people would say hair to be jelous of. It was thick, curly and dark to medium blonde, and it came down to the middle of my back. I was so happy with my hair, then i decided to bleach my hair white blonde, at first everything seemed fine, and my hair was taking the bleach well. Then i fell out of my hairdresser, so i decided to do it at home, with the advice of the local hair shop. To my absolute distruction my hair went a blue grey colour. I was in a panik, so they next day i went to another hairdresser to help me, they then died my hair to red, then back to blonde. At the end of the day my hair just fell out in clumbs, just touching my hair was to cause my hair to fall out. Now that was over 6 months ago and since then my hair has just got worse, it is now extremly thin and handfulls still fall out. Even the natural curls that i had have dissapeared, and it doesnt seem to be growing like it did. It is just a plain mess. but now i am extremly worried that my good hair days are over, i am not even 30 yet, but my hair looks like it is 100 years old. Can anyone help me please. i really could do with any advice, as i am seem to be trying everything to get back the good quality, but nothing is working...
I really would appreciate any advice.
Thank you Natasha
emma View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2002 at 5:33pm
Hi just to say you are not alone! a few months ago i had a lush mane of golden locks, keen to try a darker look i went to my local salon and asked for a light brown color to my horrier my hair went a greeney kharki brown and has snapped of at the top all around the crown, however there is hope i would recommend you start to use aveda hair products they are great i have been useing them for about 3 months now and my hair is improveing everyday they even have a hair colorent that is 97 % plant derived so does not damage your hair! i am off next week to have my first one done i cant wait. let me know what you have been useing and if your hair has improved since you last wrote i look forward to hearing from you.emma
Richard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2002 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Natashatj Natashatj wrote:

Over two years ago i had what most people would say hair to be jelous of. It was thick, curly and dark to medium blonde, and it came down to the middle of my back. I was so happy with my hair, then i decided to bleach my hair white blonde, at first everything seemed fine, and my hair was taking the bleach well. Then i fell out of my hairdresser, so i decided to do it at home, with the advice of the local hair shop. To my absolute distruction my hair went a blue grey colour. I was in a panik, so they next day i went to another hairdresser to help me, they then died my hair to red, then back to blonde. At the end of the day my hair just fell out in clumbs, just touching my hair was to cause my hair to fall out. Now that was over 6 months ago and since then my hair has just got worse, it is now extremly thin and handfulls still fall out. Even the natural curls that i had have dissapeared, and it doesnt seem to be growing like it did. It is just a plain mess. but now i am extremly worried that my good hair days are over, i am not even 30 yet, but my hair looks like it is 100 years old. Can anyone help me please. i really could do with any advice, as i am seem to be trying everything to get back the good quality, but nothing is working...
I really would appreciate any advice.
Thank you Natasha

Dear Natasha,
I am actually a man but have very long hair, ciurly hair and had a similar problem, which is distressing, isn`t it. Have you considered some sort of medium/long term hair extension to get the volume/length/ texture back while you grow it? Modern hair extensions work wonders, are FAR more gentle even than colours - certainly the DIABOLICAL bleaching you did to your hair! Okay, not cheap but it will almost certainly woirk if your hair can take the procedure!
Good luck,
Rich
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic