Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No stress, but hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lola16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No stress, but hair loss
    Posted: December 06 2004 at 2:01am
My sister recently lossed all her hair and is in the proccess of recovering. I now notice that my hair is thinning at an alarming rate and I feel my scalp itch and a hurting tingling sensation. I also notice that when my hair falls out the roots are very thin or nonexistent. It is getting thinner on the sides everyday.
I know I am not paranoid because my sister had it. I don't go through much stress, except for the daily life of a college student (I've been through much stress before). I eat fairly well and drink a lot of water. I just wanted to know if may be the illness is contagious or I have some form of alopecia? What to do to prevent more hair from falling out?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2004 at 3:21pm
Here's a (((HUG))) for you...

If there is itch and a tingling sensation, maybe you and your sister have both used the same hair product? Perhaps it is an allergic reaction. After all, you mentioned that she is "recovering". Is her hair growing back normally?

To prevent more loss you'll want to minimize the friction on your hair, minimize brushing and combing.

But I'd seriously look into an allergic reaction as the cause. Stop using everything you're using, switch to something new, and see what happens then.

Good luck and you have my sympathies.

Anais
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 12:07am
Well also look to find out if your sister had alopicia, cause that can be like many conditions and you could be gentically prediposed. If she had it it could mean it runs in the family, not contagious though.
god being serious here is bumming me out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic