Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

essential oils- do they work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
toriaX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: essential oils- do they work
    Posted: December 06 2004 at 10:48pm
I'm growing out my hair and would like to know if ginger oil, sesame oil, and jojoba oil work together to promote hair growth?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 9:26am
I hate to bear bad news but no oil "promotes" hair growth. Hair grows at a pretty average rate of 1/2 inch per month, faster in the summer and slower in the winter.

Certain vitamins and a good balanced diet could make your hair grow faster though. Many have had good results with MSM or Biotin.

HTH :)
Anais
toriaX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 9:32am
Thanks for the feedback,Anais. I just started taking Biotin two days ago and also Nu Hair tablets. Any word on Nu Hair? Now I need to be patient.
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2004 at 7:43pm
I'm sure there are some who will disagree with me, but I think you're wasting your money on biotin supplements. If you eat a nutritionally balanced diet, you probably get all the biotin you need. Taking more than your body requires won't make your hair grow any faster. It's similar to vitamin C -- your body just gets rid of what it doesn't need. Save your money and eat some fish and almonds instead. :-)

My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Angyxsempre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angyxsempre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2005 at 5:24pm
Alopecia Areata
Aromatherapy Treatment

Aromatherapy - effective alternative treatment for alopecia

Aromatherapy is an effective, alternative treatment for patients suffering with Alopecia areata, according to researchers at the Department of Dermatology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Scotland.

In a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial, lasting 7 months, eighty-six patients diagnosed as having Alopecia areata were split into two groups. The first group received a combination of essential oils - thyme, rosemary, lavender, and cedarwood in a base of carrier oils (jojoba and grapeseed) - massaged into their scalps daily. The second group had just the base massage oil massaged into their scalp.

The treatment was assessed using sequential photographs taken by two dermatologists (I.C.H. and A.D.O.) independently of each other, and the photographs were then analysed via two methods - a 6-point scale and computerized analysis of traced areas of Alopecia. Records were taken before the treatment commenced, after three months, and then again after seven months.

The results revealed that nineteen (44%) of 43 patients in the treatment group showed improvement compared with just 6 (15%) of 41 patients in the control group. The degree of improvement on photographic assessment was found to be highly significant. A demographic analysis showed that the two groups were well matched for prognostic factors, and the researchers concluded that, from the results of their study, aromatherapy is a safe and effective treatment for Alopecia areata.

Source: Randomized trial of aromatherapy. Successful treatment for alopecia areata. Hay IC; Jamieson M; Ormerod AD Arch Dermatol, 134:1349-52, 1998 Nov

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic