Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i need some feedback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pete0428 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pete0428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need some feedback
    Posted: January 05 2005 at 6:58pm
Hey, within the last couple of months i have noticed my hair thinnning. I just started college and my life style has changed alot. I drink three nights out of the week, smoke, and dont get much sleep (stay up until 2 usually and have class at 8am monday through friday). The food at school is garbage and i guess i dont have a very well balanced diet. I guess these could all be factors to my hair thinning. My roomate who i go out with all the time and have pretty much the same life style as, has said he thinks hes loosing his hair also. I dont know if these variables actually have anything to do with it or if it is just because of my genes. My dad is bald and so are my moms dad and one of her brothers. My dads brother and one of my moms brothers still have their hair. When i first noticed it thinning, I got this weird sensation on the top of my head, mostly in the back portion. It is a weird tingling feeling. My scalp was very oily and i had alot of dandruff. Sorry that this is so long, I appreciate anyone that read this far. I just wanted to throw everything out there so i can get some feedback on my situation.
whatadumbbunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatadumbbunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 8:36pm

Ooh boy, I know how it is. I'm in the same situation... Sorta. I'm in college too, and my hair has stopped growing. Are you extremely stressed at school? What's your diet like? Are you getting enough protein?
You really need to monitor yourself when you go to school, because of the extreme change in lifestyle. Watch your diet, watch your stress level, exercise, stop smoking and make an appointment with a physician or dermatologist. When I first went, the first thing they did was test me for STDs. (No kidding!) This is because you can actually lose hair from them. But ultimately, see what those little changes do, and make an appointment. A topical treatment might be a good idea, but you should talk to a physician first.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic