Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your long hair in 2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your long hair in 2004
    Posted: December 16 2003 at 8:05pm
Hi everyone!

Now that the year 2004 is nearly upon us... I wonder: what are your plans and goals for your long hair in the year 2004?

Do you plan to grow your hair longer (and if so, how much), cut it shorter (and if so, how much), or keep it the same length?

Do you have other goals, such as "improve your haircare routine" or "use better products" or "learn how to do new hairstyles" or ...?

I imagine everybody (at least everybody on this board) has ideas on how they want their hair to be in the coming year...

TIA for sharing your thoughts.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 3:15am
Hi Dave,

My ends need some work. I dust them religiously but for some reason whether it is the cold dry winter weather or some other reason, my ends just feel gnarly. Know what I mean? So definitely for 2004 I am going to focus on my ends.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 6:55am
My goal is to try and take the BEST care of my hair so that I can avoid having to go to the stylist. I go to a GREAT Salon here in Tampa, but I seem to lose a lot of my hard work when I go in for trims (not the stylists fault) I am at 20"in the back with Courtney Cox layers all over and my goal is to let this great style grow 6 inches - It will be hard!!

P.S. I am going to Tennessee next week....any tips on protecting my hair from the elements there?

Peace and love to all this holiday season!

jacqui
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi Dave,

My ends need some work. I dust them religiously but for some reason whether it is the cold dry winter weather or some other reason, my ends just feel gnarly. Know what I mean? So definitely for 2004 I am going to focus on my ends.

Karen

How long is yours now, Karen? :o)

I'm hoping for some extra length in 2004...that speeded up a little in 2003. There are some recent photos here :
 http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/beatnikhairpix 

Happy holidays, y'all...
Chris
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 11:09am
Hi Chris,

So good to see you here. How wonderful.

My hair has not really grown much in the past 6 months. Maybe because I have been pulling so much out lately. LOL. Only kidding.

Seriously, it is still about 5 inches below my waist where it has been for over 1 year. The ends are feeling yucky even though I have been "dusting" them.

I need to get a new hairstylist. My current stylist is not really long hair sympathetic although she doesn't push me too hard about a major trim, she does mention it from time to time and that makes me nervous.

I know that a lot of my current hair growth issues are related to my lifestyle (not enough exercise, too little sleep, not enough of a lot of things. :-)

I am going to do better in 2004 on my hair.

Thanks for the link. More later.
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 12:44pm
My hair is long right now mid-back.
The thing with me is, whenever i have long hair like now, i really have the urge to cut it short again, and whever i cut my hair short i want to grow it long again. i have been doing this for maybe 10 or 15 years ever since i was in high school.
last week i made an appointment to get most of my hair cut off in a short crop but i chickened out, i cancelled the appointment.
For now i am wearing it long. by the end of 2004, who knows how my hair will be. it could be growing long towards my waist or cut in a short crop.
Time will tell I guess.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2003 at 4:58pm
I have plans to let it grow longer. I finally did make the decision of dying it to my natural colour and it looks great. It feels very soft. I was starting to turn white.
dianefromcanada
alicia_kendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alicia_kendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2003 at 2:48pm

I need to get a new hairstylist. My current stylist is not really long hair sympathetic although she doesn't push me too hard about a major trim, she does mention it from time to time and that makes me nervous.

I hope your current stylist isn't the one that wanted to cut your hair because of tangles!
21|2 ft. on 12-21-03|37.5
Below shoulders/Brastrap/Tailbone
1b when just airdryed, 2b when
scrunched/f/iii
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2003 at 6:04pm
I plan on letting my hair grow out more this year. The only thing that I do is highlight it (Now just the roots get a touch up) and it is doing fairly well.

My main problem is split ends on the underneath in the back. I don't know why, i don't even wear my hair much in a pony tail. Most of the time its twisted up in a bun and secured with a pony tail holder. Nothing too rough or anything.

I have recently bought some different redken products that I'm going to play around with and see how they work. Mostly from the all-soft line.

I'm still trying to decide if I should cut my bangs, or let them grow. That is my main issue and I think about it daily!

Happy holidays everyone, and the best to you all in the new year!
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2003 at 7:26am
I've been letting my hair grow since right after I got it cut back in September. My hair is now about 2 inches below my shoulders with layers starting at my mouth. I'm going to let it grow until it gets to the middle of my back and I'm going to keep some long layers for movement.

I've already been working on being more gentle with my hair: I'm sleeping on a satin pillowcase and using a comb only.

I want my hair to look better this year than it ever has.
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 12:10pm
Hi Karen,

I know what you mean. Sometimes when I do a "search & destroy" split-ends mission, I trim some strands more than is necessary for the split because the last inch or two of the strand is clearly "crispy." And... you definitely need to find a new stylist. You (of all people, hair care consumer advocate!) should not have to tolerate her BS.

Hi Jacqui,

How is "losing a lot of your hard work" consistent with a "great" salon? I don't get it. I guess they're great in all regards except they trim off more than you request? hmm... surely there must be another area salon or stylist that will be better yet (b-mail me if you're interested, I can make a recommendation). BTW, 20" measured from the crown, or from the forehead hairline? Just curious...

Hi Chris,

Your hair is definitely growing, still. Your mane is amazing.

Hi Dakota Diva,

Interesting phenomenon you describe... "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" scenario. What can we here in the long hair community say or do to convince you that the grass is greener on the long side of the fence?

Hi Laine,

The section of your hair that splits the most is the part which is subject to the most friction as you move and the hair shifts around. That section of my hair is also stressed out.

Alicia, Diane, Tap Dancer, and everyone,

Thanks for your replies!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:17pm
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. I agree, for 2004 a new hairstylist is in order for me. I am hoping to get Ken Paves to have a go at my strands and maybe Rita Hazen for new colors. If I can get to LA or NYC that will be my goal. :-)

Best wishes & thanks for your great job on this board.

Karen
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:56pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. I agree, for 2004 a new hairstylist is in order for me. I am hoping to get Ken Paves to have a go at my strands and maybe Rita Hazen for new colors. If I can get to LA or NYC that will be my goal. :-)

Best wishes & thanks for your great job on this board.

Karen

Hi Karen,

You know, if Ken Paves starts working on your hair, that means that you will have become a celebrity... right?

Re: the boards, you are welcome. But thanks are not necessary. I enjoy talking about the subject.
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 8:08am
Hey, I'm posting this from England where I'm visiting my boyfriend. :)

My fine hair is very tangle-prone, so these are my resolutions for 2004:

1) Never shampoo without thoroughly detangling first.

2) Never sleep on hair that is wet or that has not been put up or loosely braided.

3) Significantly reduce the frequency of highlights, the use of heat styling appliances, and the application of products like mousse that help cause tangles.

The hard water in England is not helping with the knots! (Anyone here from the U.K. and have advice?)
IowaBiker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IowaBiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 9:43am
For 2004:

My hair has just started growing again after a 1 year "break". It's currently 3" from my waist. I'm still letting it grow as long as it can, with only very small trims every 4 months. Once a month. I will spend several hours going through strand-by-strand with fingernail clippers trimming the splits myself.

I'm trying to stay away from the blow dryer as much as possible, but its hard to go to the office with wet hair. I only use the "warm" setting anyway.

And finally for 2004, I will learn how to braid my hair myself without having to rely on my wife to do it.

Good luck to everyone else with your endeavors for 2004!
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 12:33pm
Hello all!

Good to see the boards are still up, I''ve
missed posting here!

As for my hair, I continue to cut a little here,
cut a little there while inching ever so closer
to having all one length. Hubby recently
cut the length back to my knees, so I think
this is where I''ll trim back to each time while
my bangs catch up.

Not much to go! Karen Marie

(Aka ACCOLADY, but system would not
recognize me...LOL)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 12:55pm
Hi Karen Marie,

I was literally just on your site - Stressless Tresses - and it looks so great. You do such a good job there. Thank you.

For all of you folks that have not been to see Karen Marie at her site...it is one of my favs...

http://www.wuvie.net/STRESSLESS_tresses.htm

Good to see you here. I always enjoy your posts.

Happy New Year
Karen Marie Shelton
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 1:03pm
Hi again Karen Marie,

I forget this little teaser......

HairBoutique.com has already made final contract arrangements with three new "big name" hair care/accessory companies to carry their lines. So there will be lots more hair care and accessory (aka hair toys) to see in 2004. Whoopeeee. :-)

One of the big names is due at the warehouse today or tomorrow. So hopefully it will be in the Marketplace this week. I have been working on getting this next line for 2 years. Yes, 2 years. :-) Persistence pays eh?

The 2nd line is hair toys and there are hundreds in the line. They will be here in 2-3 weeks. I went nuts picking the first set to put in the store.

Finally, HB Hair Jewels will be unveiling 5 new toys that are my personal designs in 2004. One is made with unusual shaped hair combs but it has so many crystals it is eye blinding. I guess I should sell matching sunglasses. LOL Those will be here in the next 3 months or less. They are in the final design stages.

And of course we are always adding new France Luxe, EVITA PERONI, Good Hair Days, Smoothies, Intuition, HairLoops, Karina blah blah blah.

So Karen Marie...you inspire me to keep adding more. Thank you so much.

Hugs from one Karen Marie to another. :-)

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 7:46pm
Hi Ally,

I experience hard water where I live. Here's what I do: after the final rinse (shower), I squeeze the excess water out of my hair, then pour about 1/4 gallon of distilled water over my hair (so it all gets soaked in it), then let it sit and drain/drip for maybe 30 seconds. Then, squeeze the excess water out... this helps remove some of the excess minerals that make the tap water hard.

Karen S,

Funny you should mention having just visited Karen Marie's site... I too just went there yesterday for the first time in many months. BTW, how can Karen Marie get her "Accolady" login restarted?

Karen Marie,

You have incredible hair. I can only wish that mine looked half as good. Nice to see you here!

Iowa Biker and all,

Thanks for your replies! This topic has been fun.
krzysztof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krzysztof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 8:09pm
wow!!! I love Karen Maries hair its so long and healthy looking, right now my hair is nearly down to my lower back. I want to grow it down to about knee length long way to go!
and I was determined not to cut my hair short so i joined the long hair magazines long hair project ^_^. I hope I can stick to it lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic