Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair is a form of security with humor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair is a form of security with humor
    Posted: August 27 2000 at 7:09pm
this weekend my neighbors yells that there is this black bear on my neighbor's deck. Running like a roadrunner I tell my children to get into the cottage. Then I make sure my hair is tied up in a ponytail as I grabbed my canoe paddle and head into the woods toward my girlfriend 's place to warn her as she a full house of children. As my heart is beating very fast I think I should have had some beads in my hair in case I need to whip that black bear for protection. Lucky for the bear no need to spank it with the paddle and I was escorded back by one of her cute sons. lol
At least the weapon is better because last time I had a corn broam to deal with the howling wolf lol
Just wanted to share some laughter.
dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2000 at 6:51am
Those beads can be quite lethal. Not long ago Venus Williams was banned from wearing them at Wimbledon. Apparently they are classed as "an offensive weapon", like a knife or a gun!
phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2000 at 11:51am
Phil, thanks for sharing. There are so many nice pictures on the internet about Venus Williams and not one of them shows her with very long hair so how can anyone feel that her beads are a threat? you know. It is more a fashion statement than anything else. It is also functional as it keeps her hair intact.
Now that is really pushing laws a bit far.
dianefromcanada
hls View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2000 at 9:44pm
The reason Venus was told not to wear the beads is because some had come during a match. Anyone who has played tennis knows how dangerous that can be. So, yes they can be lethal not in the hair, but on the floor!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2000 at 7:13pm
I know my hair is getting too long when I sit down at church and I feel that I need to adjust my hair every two seconds because it pins me back.
Or better yet when the older man at the back of me is knealing talking to God and he accidently got me pinned and I have no choice but wait ..........
Or when this morning I tried to brush my hair and the super brush falls apart in a million pieces and I quickly put my hair in a ponytail fearing someone will noticed. lol

Okay I think we need some funs things around here lol
dianefromcanada
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2000 at 9:00am
How do you know the man praying behind you "accidentally" pinned your hair down. He probably loves long hair and took advantage of the situation. There's no way your hair can be "too long."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2000 at 12:20am
That is very funny Gord. It never cross my mind. It is not the first time I got pinned.
dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2000 at 8:24am
Diane, I never have seen a beautiful hair that is too long, and I know your hair is beautiful. You could wear it in front of you, so all is under your control and you even can see how beautiful it is.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2000 at 11:23am
Ya but what about when I am about to bowl and wear my hair in a ponytail and my sister wants to take advantage of the situation and yanks my hair almost throwing me off balance. She acts like my ponytail is a handle???
And what about my thought of getting into wrestling? What hair style would you suggest? I wouldn't want my oponent get a hold of my ponytail! lol
But lately I am thinking of serious self defense course so ....? What about kick boxing? lol
I can't even play pool!
The Canadian National inquiry wants to know how do we deal with those people who takes advantage of our hair as a handle?
dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2000 at 8:14am
Diane, I think sometimes your hair should cause feelings, only for you, to show you it is worth, all of your effort to keep it long. I know that hair feelings can make me happy, if I only remember on this few inches of mine, and if I think of your hair that is really great ...

Maybe not all can be done which is possible with short hair. But if I look at the Japanese or Chinese actions films they often have very long braids. And in wrestling shows women often have long hairs. Even the men keep it long. Female circus performers often have very long hair and this doesn't restricts their skills, and the same is true for dancers. Artists often like long hairs and even scientifics like Albert Einstein.

Maybe even if you had short hairs your sister will find ways to bring you out of balance. Your hair should not be a handle for someone, it's a part of you.

I think a lot of people take advantage of your long hair, to see it can cause softy feelings that are missed so much in this hurry world. And only the imagination of a very long haired women can cause happiness. I hope some of this comes back to you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2000 at 9:10pm
I know that I am an older woman today when I realized that I turned 40 and started to count how many white hairs I have.
I know I am an older woman today when I received a funny message on my answering machine from a male friend that said" happy birthday old bat" ( I think some men live very dangerously lol)
I know that I am an older woman when I hanged out at school and find myself saying" If I was your mom ........."

You have anything funny to share about turning 40 and your hair?
dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2000 at 9:20pm
Oh dear, Diane, I wish there were something humorous to say about hair after turning 40...

Personally, I found myself in my 20s showing off, in my 30s happy to join in, and now in my 40s happy if anyone shows any interest at all in my hair. I've shaved it off, colored it and am presently growing it longer in the hope that inspiration will overtake recession, if you get the picture; what I'm saying is, the older I am becoming, the more desperate I am!

I'm trying to remain positive. At least you don't have male pattern baldness to worry about- let us know how you females continue to express yourself through hair into the 5th decade...

phil
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2000 at 9:46am
Diane, the human life can reach 80 or 90 years (not unusuable). I don't think that a woman about 40 can be considered as an older woman. And the hair can be so nice. I saw Suzy this days with hair longer then floor length and I never had seen such a lot of beautiful hair before. And she can smile so happy and looks so nice with her hair. For me age brings some problems with teeth and pattern baldness may be some of the plagues that will come to me. At age 40 I decided to leave the business life and to study physics, there I could grow my hair for about 5 years without beeing afraid about someone's opinion. Now at age 47 I find myself insite the business life with long(er) hair and it grows and inspite of the hair the money comes in. I don't know what the future will bring to me but I am so sad that all around me women at my age prefer this "older women" short cuts, I had to fly 9000 kilometers to see a woman with super long hair (and 9000 kilometers back).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic