Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Short Is Too Short?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tarheelgal_5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelgal_5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Short Is Too Short?
    Posted: April 19 2002 at 12:29am
I know that this is a subjective question and that the answer will be different for everyone, but I`m just trying to get some feedback. I`m 25 years old and currently have an asymmetrical bob. I`m considering going really short with it next, though. I`ve seen a cut that I really like in a hair style magazine, but am a little worried about what people will think of it. The style is buzzed on the sides and back (not to the scalp, though) part way up - the rest is razor cut and blended with the top, which is short and spikey. It looks great on the model in the magazine and I look similar (petite, with small features), so I think it will work on me as well. What kind of reaction could I expect with hair that short? I know I shouldn`t care what people think, but it`s hard to disregard that completely. I`d just like to know what others might think and if they would automatically make judgments about me based on my hair.
Highland Colonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highland Colonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 1:35pm
I hope people do not judge you based on your hair. The haircut you describe is a bit
sharp sounding, but it should not reflect on your character. However, people are not
as progressive in every place as they are in the more "civilized" ones. Here in Toronto,
I doubt anyone would make too great a deal about it but somewhere where male
chauvinism/conservativism is very prominent, you might be looked down upon it. Still
it is your hair and you should not worry too much about being judged by it. If circa
1968, some men did not dare grow long hair, today, we would still get nowhere in life
if we didn`t all have short back and sides haircuts.

Colonel John Doe
Commanding Officer, the Cameron Highlanders Militia for Freedom and Democracy
tarheelgal_5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarheelgal_5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 4:30pm
Well, here in the good ol` South, it seems like people would prefer that their little Southern belles have the "traditional" big hair! I`ve been there and done that and now I think I`m ready to try the exact opposite! If I do it, I`m sure I`ll get some funny looks. I just hope it`s not something that people will just outright gawk at.
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2002 at 7:59pm
How about a short wedge look. Above the ears and wedged in the back.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic