Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
druks View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Hair
    Posted: June 02 2001 at 11:20pm
Well it wasn`t something I did lately. Here it goes. When I was young, (from when i was born until I guess around 8 years old) I had curly hair, it wasn`t lots of curls, sorta like wavy curls if you know what i mean, not many curls but the curls were big apposed to the lots of small curls. You know what I`m talking about? Well right now I`m 15 and when I was young I hated my curly hair and used gels and brushes to make it straight, well now it`s straight, guess what? I want my curly hair back!!!! It looked so good lol =). I know I can use curling irons and stuff but don`t they just give small little curls? I`m looking for big curls. What can I do? I`m a male btw. Thanks!!!!
T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 5:23pm
hi i have the same problem, well sort of. i didnt have the curly hair before, i`ve always had straight. im wanting some curls going, but curling irons take too long and havign to do it every day is a pain, so if you do find any ideas or techniques please email me back asap, greatly appreciated
T
lost View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2002 at 11:39am
Trust me, you don`t want curly hair! Take it from someone who knows. But... I guess the grass always looks greener on the other side. Try getting a perm but make sure you`re hair is healthy first and take good care of it afterwards b/c perming or relaxing isn`t really a "good" thing for your hair.

Good luck, I hope you know what you`re getting you self into ;)
mitch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 11:20am
hey! that sounds like my problem! im 17. ive had really curly hair since i was about 13. i love it! but i had to cut it for some military stuff over the last year or so. now im ready to grow it out again. but because i had to brush it a little during that time its been growing more straight. i hate it! i want my beautiful hair back! oh well. let me know if anything works for you.
Corkscrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corkscrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2003 at 7:00am
Guys ... I had a similar issue as well, and would try all sorts of stuff from scrunching, difusing to using a curling iron as well - and while that actually worked pretty well, the amount of time it took was a bummer, and I always felt like I couldn't tell anyone that I did that (at the time ... how many guys are going to understand that you use a curling iron!)

I eventually got my nerves up and had a perm, and that was the absolute BEST. I had very good luck over the years with perms and the curls that resulted - I tried everything from really tight curls (pink rods) to much looser curls from white, peach and purple rods. I have thick coarse hair that always took the perm really well and never had any significant damage!

Today I don't do the perms anymore (older and more "professioal" now), but boy do I miss my curly hair. Every once in a while when I really want to have curls I talk my wife into curling me up with a small barrelled curling iron which still results in great curls, but just really time consuming!

Good luck to you all and I'd highly recommend perms!

Corkscrew
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic