Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

21, balding - how should I hairstyle?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fred3rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fred3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 21, balding - how should I hairstyle?
    Posted: January 31 2005 at 10:25pm
I am 21 years old and am already starting to bald at the corners. How should I cut my hair? I don't want something long or shaggy as I am just starting to get into the professional workplace. Is there anything I can do to hide it? Slow it down? Stop it? Reverse it?! How should I cut my hair? I've always had a nice, short clean cut.

(I'm using head and shoulders for dry scalp, though dandruff has not been a problem for a few years)

Thanks for any tips!
crank View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 8:53am
There are a number of topical products that you can try. Rogaine is one that is widely known.

The problem is they do not work for everyone. If the product does work for you and you stop using it, your hair loss returns. So, you'll end up depending on these products for the rest of your life. Not to mention the $$$.

The other option is to accept your hair loss and make the best of it. After all, we are who we are. Many people simply go with the totally buzzed look and pull it off very well.

-Crank
Dave83 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 9:49am
I agree with the total buzzed look...or very short anyway. I have a friend, 24, who is becoming slightly to moderately bald, and he recently went from having medium length hair and a hat to losing the hat and cutting his hair very short, sort of a buzzed look I guess (1 inch long gelled up hair). It actually looked surprisingly good on him. I guess either which way, the thing to avoid with baldness is longer hair!
fred3rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fred3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 9:56pm
thanks guys - don't suppose you have any pics of how they look?

(I have a youthful face, people think I'm 17-18, so I guess it just seems wierd to be looking bald and young... Don't mind showing my baldness in 7 years or so.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic