Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of me w/ my new Extensions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics of me w/ my new Extensions!
    Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:50pm
Heres some pics I just took with my new hisandher cuticle silky straight hair extensions. i still have to order a second batch. one is just not enough for my head.

In the pics I used my new waving iron to get the wave you see here.

amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:51pm
oh by the way, i plan to cut them because my mom said they look TOO long. so long that they look fake. so about where do you think i should cut them? I want them to still be abnormally long. lol. just not as long i guess. i dunno. i just want to feel like a princess. :)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 7:57pm
So gorgeous--both you and the hair. And you're right: the h&h blends perfectly with your own, and you've definitely got the Jolie look going.

I think if you cut about 1 1/2 to 2 inches, they'd still be dramatically long, but would blend a little better. It's not only the length, though--it may be a matter of razoring the ends a little so it looks a little more "real." Either way, it's amazing, though!

Good job, girl--when's this modeling shoot you're doing anyway? We'll have to see more pics from that, too!

Congratulations! :)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:25pm
Amy, that looks soooooo beautiful. I love it! I do agree with Jenny that doing a little razoring on the ends will make it look more natural. Usually really long hair is a bit thinner near the ends. And I love what you did with the waving iron! I want one now. =)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 8:50pm
ditto what Jenny and Leia said on the razoring the ends. I think it looks very pretty! It will look amazing with another package of hair added!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 9:29pm
Wow, Amy! It's beautiful!
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 9:38pm
Gorgeous Amy!! I'm glad you finally found something after all that searching. Just love the waves.
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2005 at 10:06pm
Very cute Amy! did you use a triple barrell curling iron on it? It looks great!
It is what it is...
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 10:26am
It looks fabulous and you are beautiful, but are you sure your name is Amy?! You look eerily EXACTLY like an old friend of mine. I will have to send you a pic, it really is shocking.

My opinion on the length is to layer it, when it is that long, the blunt cut seems to accentuate the length.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 10:37am
Wow - that looks great!

When you say "one batch" what do you mean? One weft? How were they applied?

And. . .as you know. . .I'm all for giving it a cut and layers for va va vooom!! BUT you do look really good with it long. I can't tell how well it's blended at the top. . .but it looks great in the photos. ME, I look a bit . . . strange. . .with it that long. But it does feel GREAT to have hair that long!!
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:45pm
It looks Lovely!You did an amazing job!Congrats~
adina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:46pm
It looks Lovely!You did an amazing job!Congrats~
I would cut it to the middle of your ribs~
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 5:58pm
amy you really do look like a princess : ) beautiful hair
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:29pm
Oh my god, that's LONG! How much did it cost?

You do really look like a princess, though- esp. with the wave!

-Rae
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 6:32pm
thats so pretty!

BTW its your hair, dont cut it unless YOU want to
amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:38pm
Thanks everyone you are all so nice! I do plan to cut it and layer it. Similiar to this picture, but a little longer.

I just ordered the second batch in 20-22 because I know now I don't need it any longer than that!

Now answers to your questions...

The hair I got was 26-28 inches long. I actually cut a few inches off before I took those pics, so it came even longer! Just the ends were a little stringy.

It cost 281 including 3 day ground shipping which they only charged me 7 bucks for.

By batch I mean 1/4 pound. I made 2 tracks out of 6 wefts. I had two extra wefts and made two little ones to clip into my bangs to blend them out more.

I used a 3 barrel waving iron.

amymusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:39pm
Oh and by the way, my first name is actually Jodie-Amy. Everybody calls me Jodie though. I just made amymusic because that use to be my id for my website because jodieamymusic and jodiemusic was too long.

Maybe we do know eachother??
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 9:29pm
Very pretty pictures but I side with your mother. The hair is too long for your features and it takes away from your beautiful face and big eyes. My eyes are drawn downward instead of focusing on your face.
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by amymusic amymusic wrote:

Oh and by the way, my first name is actually Jodie-Amy. Everybody calls me Jodie though. I just made amymusic because that use to be my id for my website because jodieamymusic and jodiemusic was too long.

Nah the girl I am referring to is a Trina. I am still in shock over the similarity, it is identical. I am going to have to dig up a pic and PM ya with it. It really is wierd.

Good luck with your hair :) I love that second style, the long and layered, straight. very hot. but love the curls too :)
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by amymusic amymusic wrote:

Nah the girl I am referring to is a Trina. I am still in shock over the similarity, it is identical. I am going to have to dig up a pic and PM ya with it. It really is wierd.

Good luck with your hair :) I love that second style, the long and layered, straight. very hot. but love the curls too :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic