Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Today my clients hair looked like a joke! any helpfull hints
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Today my clients hair looked like a joke! any helpfull hints

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today my clients hair looked like a joke! any helpfull hints
    Posted: March 02 2005 at 11:53pm
Today I had a client that had really fine hair. I used the the extend tube method. I used about 3 1/2 bags of hair. however you could see the extendtubes on the crown of her hair what should I do to fix it.. HELP! Ieven used the extra small links..
Kris
miamigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 11:40am
Can it be fixed? If she's really thin on top then you probably can't do anything to cover them. I have really thin hair, especially on top, and got the smallest size hairlocs, which were basically microscopic, but you could still see them. If you're thin on top, then nothing can cover that, except a hairpiece, which I have now. If she's insistent about having extensions, then she can try to use Toppik to mask them. Check out their website:

www.toppik.com.

It works to an extent, but definitely has a fair amount of drawbacks and really sucks if you're heavily dependent on it. Just a suggestion from my personal experience.
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 12:30pm
i have really thin hair... maybe you should not go up so high????

i have pinchbraids and we had to take some out bc they were detectable and i coulnd't camflage them
i love plastikhaar
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 2:13pm
Can't go up so high. Always need hair to cover the link if you don't want it to show.

She can change the part in her hair, maybe going off to the side. But then there's the risk of having Benny Hinn or Gumby head.

To wit:

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:52pm
Nice pics, hehe!

Kris: It can be really hard with very fine and thin and/or short hair on top. My hair is extremely thin and fine (not to mention white-blonde), so there is a point I just can't go past in terms of the placement, regardless of the method used. Right now, I would say my braids (which are certainly bigger than the small-size extendtubes) are about 1 1/2 to 2 inches down from the top of the crown--any higher, and it really doesn't work. Of course, the downside to this is that it doesn't give you the volume you might ideally want on top, but there really is only so far that you can go.

That said, on the topmost row, it may make sense to have the client shake her head around a bit to see how the hair naturally falls. If she seems to have some more natural coverage in certain spots than others, you can use that to assess where the tubes might best be placed. I wouldn't just do a straight row across for your topmost row, because it can look too obvious with that hair type; following the natural pattern of the hair will help a little. Also, if the client is willing to volumize and tease the top/crown hair a little, that can be helpful, too, in terms of the blending.

But again, it really is true: There's only so far up you can go with that type of hair. Beyond that, a T-closer (aka top-closer) may be helpful, if the client wants that, but it's a lot more maintenance and challenging with the washing, etc.

Good luck! :)
isaacnyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isaacnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 11:59pm
Yes not so high up.

Also not sure how you did it but.

You can just add a few here and ther on the top and texturize the ends of the hair in the top layer.

Has been working great for me.

Hope that made sence:)

Isaac

http://www.cyberparlor.com
Http://www.cyberparlor.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic