Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone tried this board invented method?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone tried this board invented method?
    Posted: March 03 2005 at 1:23pm
I was wondering if anyone tried doing doubled over synthetic hair secured with a shrinkie (the shrinkie inside a shrinkie method) on a real person yet?
It was either Amm or Metal Girl that came up with it. I can't remember who, but it was such a brilliant idea.
Yikes, I hope that's clear enough to read. christina
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 1:55pm
I'm a real person. I tried it!

I made about a dozen or so, folded them and then put a dab of LG on it. I rolled them, put a shrinkie over it and then installed. Zero shedding. (This was all done with WaWa which is still looking great and is still curling!)

The ones I made have a slightly more bulky tip than the tips I regularly make (seen here: http://haircandy.net/pretip.htm )

There's a couple installed in front right at the temple line that I need to move somewhere else because they show when I pull my hair back into a tight pony. Other than that, it's been working great.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 2:05pm
Well Zha Zha....they dont' show in your picture, but then again, your hair's not in a pony. But in the Hungarian beauty queen thing you've got going, they don't show at all!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:17pm
I ordered some Plastikhaar for one of my clients, and I am planning to pre tip it with a shrinkie and then apply it with a shink link.

I'll post pictures when I do it so everyone can see.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 7:34pm
I can't wait to see your pics, Metalgirl!

And AMM: Is that you (I haven't seen your new user pic yet). My god, you are gorgeous!

:)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2005 at 10:18pm
I agree with ya Jenny, Amm you are drop dead gorgeous!
Amanda8beech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8beech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 4:56am
Here here Amm, I don't know why's you've hid your face for so long xxx
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 8:09am
Amm, you hottie!! You should get your Wa Wa prob. tomorrow, it went out via the postal people yesterday...

It is what it is...
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2005 at 12:03pm
Aww shucks guys. Yeah, Jenny, that be me. Thanks everyone!

Bridget, thanks! Disregard the bm I just sent. I'm just waking up...all groggy still.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic