Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Don`t Color yer hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don`t Color yer hair
    Posted: January 08 2002 at 12:25am
To all the women out there who are considering coloring your hair. DON`T DO IT!!! I`ve seen so many disastrous hair coloring jobs done on women it`s frightening. Even work done at a salon!!! Sorry to all the pros out there. The absolute worst is the home coloring kits. If you feel you must color definatley spend the money and goto a salon but why don`t you spend that money on some nice new clothes instead.

Covering up gray hairs might sound like a good idea but put those grays to work for you. My wife has natural red hair and now that she`s into her 30`s it`s beginning to gray near the temple areas of her head and her bangs. She gets frustrated with them but I think they actually blend in nicely with her natural hair color and comliment her look nicely.

And DON`T PLUCK THEM EITHER or else in 3 - 4 months yer gonna have tiny little gray hairs sticking straight up outta yer hair.
bge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2002 at 2:56pm
There`s nothing wrong with colouring your hair, it can be fun, it can lift your mood, and the results can be great.

Most disasters can easily be avoided with a little education. Go to any public library and do a little reading to educate yourself on how haircolor works and you should be find.

duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2002 at 1:06pm
Claude has a point, really. Mistakes happen even under seemingly good conditions. For example,
the mixture may go wrong.

When Julie Andrews was filming "The Sound Of Music", it was decided to put highlights into her
dark blond hair. Unfortunately, the stuff leaked, and she wound up with these red areas or something.
Finally, her whole hair was "fixed" with the blonde job. But that can`t hold a candle to what happened
to the guy who played Rolfe. His hair was normally done blonde, but at one point the stylist ran out
of the stuff they normally used. They replaced it with something that made half his hair fall out, and
it never grew back right!

Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2002 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Claude Claude wrote:

To all the women out there who are considering coloring your hair. DON'T DO IT!!! I've seen so many disastrous hair coloring jobs done on women it's frightening. Even work done at a salon!!! Sorry to all the pros out there. The absolute worst is the home coloring kits. If you feel you must color definatley spend the money and goto a salon but why don't you spend that money on some nice new clothes instead.

Covering up gray hairs might sound like a good idea but put those grays to work for you. My wife has natural red hair and now that she's into her 30's it's beginning to gray near the temple areas of her head and her bangs. She gets frustrated with them but I think they actually blend in nicely with her natural hair color and comliment her look nicely.

And DON'T PLUCK THEM EITHER or else in 3 - 4 months yer gonna have tiny little gray hairs sticking straight up outta yer hair.

telling women not to cover their grey is like telling cher see can`t have any more plastic surgery
Rose
Amyyma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amyyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2002 at 11:03am
I`ve been colouring my hair since I was 13, I`ve had it brown, yellow, white, lillac, plum, black, bright red, dark red, henna, and pink. I`ve grown out of that now, just have bleached stripes, but how much more tedious life would have been with always natural coloured hair!! Well I say DO IT! - JUST DO WHAT YOU WANT!! - I`ve had very very few problems and none I couldn`t fix, whilst having great fun and control over my image, maybe `cos I never trusted salons and always DIY? [That way theres no communication problems] I also intend to cover any grey hair at 1st sight cos I really hate it, but each to their own I guess Claude.
PS - Never listen to men`s/ anyone else`s dictates on your own hair; it`ll always end in tears.
Amy
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2002 at 6:12pm
An interesting thing to add to this thread. I read that in a new biography of the
younger John F. Kennedy, his wife Carolyn is described as having gone to radical
lengths with her looks. She dieted like crazy - I remember that she had a typical
"anorexic" face, no wonder. As to her color-processed-blonde hair, she told John
not to stroke it too hard, because it had so much chemicals she feared he would
break it!!!! When you process your hair so much your spouse can't stroke it, you
MUST be doing something wrong!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic