Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red Hair Mistake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shenae View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Hair Mistake
    Posted: June 01 2004 at 8:14am
I dyed my hair this magenta red, bu ti hate it and it looks awful. t is extra deep and i dont know how to fix it. my natural hair color is a light brown and i want it back. is there anyway to fix this red disasterous hair??
mama2destiny View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mama2destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2004 at 4:40pm
I would suggest you wait a while before doing anything else to it. If you try to dye it again or strip the color out it would be very damaging to your hair. Have you tried shampooing to make the color fade a little? Use really hot water. Whenever I dye my hair at least the first 7 times I shampoo a lot comes out. It always fades eventually. It won't go back to brown on it's own though.

After you've waited a few weeks, preferably a couple months if possible, you can try dying it again. In the meantime make sure to use some deep conditioning products to get your hair ready. You probably won't be able to go from a dark color back to a light color without bleaching(which is very damaging and you would have to wait before coloring again anyway). So find a color you like that's a little darker then the shade you have after it fades from shampooing. Like a dark auburn or dark brunette.

I'm a natural red head but I'm always dying my hair different colors of red. I don't like the way it naturally looks(coppery).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic