Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to grow hair out from Chin length

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abs2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abs2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to grow hair out from Chin length
    Posted: July 24 2005 at 7:33pm

OK, I have hair that's about an inch below my chin and I'm getting married in May so I really need to grow it out so that I can have a great updo! (Last year, my hair was long (for me) about half way down my back, but it took me over 2 years to grow to that length with normal trims). These forums have really helped me out in the past, so I thought I would see if anyone had any good suggestions. My hair is straight and fine, and it grows REALLY slow. I've been reading some stuff about Viviscal, but it's sooo expensive that I would only be able to afford to use it for a couple months, and I'm always worried about the potential side effects of taking stuff like that.  Does anyone have any comments about the vitamin if you only take it for a couple months and then quit? Also, I don't like to go without having my hair trimmed for longer than a couple of months. Is it possible to get only 1/8 of an inch cut off or is that too little? Since my hair grows so slow, I'm worried that any more would defeat the purpose of even trying to grow it out! Basically, ANY advice on growing my hair out would be great.

Thanks so much! You guys are great!

~Abs

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2005 at 8:59pm

Hey Abs,

The trick is to keep your hair healthy so you don't have to cut any off. To summarize it in less than 100 words:

avoid hair dye, highlights, chemicals of any kind, heat styling, blow drying, and "hair doodles" a.k.a. hair accessories that bind too tightly. Take a regular multivitamin and stay stress free. Oh! and Patience

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding plans!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
abs2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abs2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 4:49pm

Great, I'm already behind =) My hair is highlighted, colored and must be blow dried for work--- and patience is not one of my virtues! Oh well, maybe extensions or clip on would work!

THANKS for the advice! Maybe some extra multi vitamins will do the trick although I'm still researching Viviscal.

~Abs

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic