Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pretend your hair is on someone else

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pretend your hair is on someone else
    Posted: August 19 2005 at 7:33pm
Pretend your hair is on someone else

A lot of people have asked for advice in the past that was accompanied by a picture. Such as, "should I trim" or "should I color" or "I did this updo but it's not as good as other people's"

What if you did this instead? Take that picture and look at it or go look at your hair in a mirror. Then pretend it's someone else who is asking you how it looks.

What would you say about "should she trim"?
What would you say about "should she color"?
Do you think her updo looks "just as good as others"?

You can also apply this to routines.
Go back through your journal or posts and ask yourself what would you tell someone who did what you did to help them out?
Some of you have been journaling for over a year so it's very possible to go back and find something to change back then that you now have more knowledge about.

So just pretend your hair and routine is someone else's and give advice. It might make you feel better.

I hope it does.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2005 at 4:44pm
A corollary to this is the more critical lens we are prone to apply to ourselves.  We look at a picture of someone else's hair and think it looks good, but if the same hair is on our own head, we tend to be more critical of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic