Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

There is no styling gel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There is no styling gel
    Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:48pm
I beleive that there is no such thing as a styling gel that holds your hair really good but it also has no grease (mineral oil) and it doesn't frizz while it can't get stiff and sticky. The gels that aren't stiff either have no hold or are too greasy. The ones that do are stiff and stuff. So I guess I gotta stick with that stuff. My hair will look wet and slick but will feel stiff.
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 6:48pm
doea anyone agree??
Hair Goal- Shoulder length growing it bra length in one year for the 8th grade!!
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:25pm
Have you tried Biolage's gel? I've never had those problems with it. But you have to find the right amount that works for the style you're trying to accomplish.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2005 at 11:49pm
I don't know if it is any good or where to get it but I see a lot of people mentioning they use some sort of aloe gel. I think they find it at vitamion or natural food stores. Or online somewhere.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 1:54am

Robert Hallowell has a great gel that is from the same formula he uses on his celebrity clients (Gena Davis, Mary Louise Parker, Elizabeth Perkins, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lucy Liu...etc) and it holds really well but is all natural.  Robert is obsessed with only using natural products.  It is much less expensive then high end products.

Also, got2B glue works really really well. However, it will hold like cement.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
mizzcathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzcathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 9:14am
well I tried the aloe vera gel so that one doesn't work. Putting a certain amount gives no hold and putting alot makes it stiff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic