Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m trying to find a special barrette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m trying to find a special barrette
    Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:52pm
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find blank barrette forms so I can bead my own. I found one beautiful beaded barrette that is the only style that works for my hair. I'd like to bead my own, but I'm having trouble finding these anywhere. They are made in France, and instead of the wider metal clasp, they have a wire clasp that pops onto a prong. They come in two sizes - 1.5" and 3-4". I am having trouble uploading the picture of this so I can show you. Any tips? Thanks!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 3:43pm
Here is a picture of the barrette

Edited by DaveDecker
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 4:28pm
I can buy slides like that at my local jewellers/craft shop. I suggest you try looking in any of your craft/jewellers shops. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 10:51pm
Thanks LadyFrog, for the suggestion. I tried several such shops and they all have the other french clasp barrette (the one that rips my hair) and not this gentler wire clasp version. I've searched endlessly on the internet to no avail. If you are in your shop sometime soon, can you ask them who their supplier is? Thanks!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:56am

Argus Designs has them, but now they're on hold because one of their employees is serving in the military.

Hairboutique has some... if you search "wire barrette" it may turn up more. The wire ones will show the wire portion sticking out.

Also, if you go to beauty supply stores, the Karina brand might have some.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 10:30am
Thanks Anais! Do you know of anyone who sells the forms only without decoration? Otherwise I will pay a lot for the decoration, which I am just going to take off so I can bead them. Thanks again for all your help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic