Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My hair care regime, anything I shoudl stop or do?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair care regime, anything I shoudl stop or do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ChemicalRomance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChemicalRomance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair care regime, anything I shoudl stop or do?
    Posted: May 20 2006 at 11:29pm
Hair care regime:
I wash and condition my hair w/ Mane n Tail shampoo/conditioner every other day. I let it air dry for the most part, but when I am going somewhere I usually wait a while and let it become dry by air and then run a blow dryer on low heat over it. Sometimes I might straighten it too.
I never brush my hair, I only finger brush it, and at night I put it in tight braids. Every week, once a week, I let my hair soak in coconut oil, lavendar oil, and rosemary mixture for 10 mins. I give a scalp massage 2 times every week, and take a mutivitimin everyday. Anything you think that is constricting my hair growth? Or any tips on getting it longer? See im engaged, and I want my hair longer for my wedding by next march. My hair is about to the top of my back bone, and i am hoping its down to my rib cage by next march, any hope? And my hair grows super slow, and is pretty damaged, alot of split ends, dry ends, breakage.
"Our Sufferings on Earth Give Rewards In Heaven"
MCR Rocks
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 11:57am
The only things that really stand out for me as damaging are straightening your hair (hard to recover from this damage unless you cut it off), and tight braids. If you think your hair is pretty damaged, I would stop the straightening, trim the splits and dry ends, and wear it up a lot. I'm recovering from a year of hair straightening (I only did it once a week or less, but because my hair is so fragile, it really damaged it). I really wish I hadn't damaged my hair so much, because will take years to grow that damage out.

As far as growth rates and length, by top of your back bone do you mean a bit below shoulder length? For me to grow from that length to ribcage is about 8-10 inches - I wouldn't be able to do it in 10 months. Measure the distance you would like it to grow, and figure on about 6 inches a year, or about 1/2 inch per month.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2006 at 11:51pm
I agree with what SK said, but also want to add that I have found it an easier journey if I concentrate on how my hair is looking right now instead of focusing on getting it to a certain length by a certain time.  I was obsessing a bit about the measurements, and reluctant to cut any off. If you have damage, then you may need to start trimming some amounts along the way.  

I think that healthy hair is better than long hair, and your hair WILL eventually get long and you'll still be a beautiful bride no matter what in MarchWink  That's just my 2 cents anyway Embarrassed

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 9:15am
Check your shampoo and conditioner for words in the ingredients that end in "cone".  Some of the Mane and Tail shampoos and conditioners don't have cones, and some have tons of them.  If yours has them, you would benefit from adding a clarifying treatment to your routine once every 2 weeks, or at least once a month.

Cones make your hair soft and untangly, but if you let them build up for many months, the coat they put on your hair can chip and break off, taking the ends of your hair with them.  Clarifying with a clarifying shampoo at this frequency will prevent this in the long run, and still let you enjoy the benefits of cones in your hair.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic