Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missed you guys a lot ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missed you guys a lot ...
    Posted: September 06 2006 at 4:19pm
Hi,
I've been gone so long I doubt anyone will remember me, but I used to be here a lot.

I'm finally back online and looking forward to catching up- my hair is about 26" now.

Glad to be back,

Strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 4:35pm
No no I don't remember you at all.

I'm lying.

Welcome back. :)
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 4:46pm
Hey StrawberryFineWelcome back! Please show a photo of your hair when you get a chance?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2006 at 5:32pm
Hi Strawberryfine!  Good to see you again, too... and that your hair has  been growning well! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 5:28am
Originally posted by PurpleBubba PurpleBubba wrote:

No no I don't remember you at all.

I'm lying.

Welcome back. :)

PB!
Your hair has grown soooo much longer since I was here before! Beautiful!

My Avatar pic is not my latest; will update soon.

SF

Just updated my avatar.  I had a small trim right before this so my hair is not quite this straight when air dried without combing.  Now I need to measure and update that, too.

It's so good to be back...

Edited by strawberryfine - September 09 2006 at 1:32pm
strawberryfine
2aFii
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 9:16am
Welcome back Strawberryfine good to see you.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:28pm
Strawberryfine!  Your hair in your latest avatar picture -- awesome!   Just how fast does it grow?! 

Edited by DaveDecker - September 10 2006 at 4:28pm
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:33pm

Hi Strawberryfine

Nice to meet you!
Your hair in the avitar is soo shiney
Keep up the good work!
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 7:05am
I remember you!  And what amazing hair progress you've had since I last saw a photo - it looks great!  Congratulations!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 7:34am
Oh Strawberry...I'm in love with your avatar!!! What awesome colour. All the beautiful blondes around here make me droooollll!!!!!!!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 12:42am
You are all just too kind...but you made my day (er, night?) My hair is not as blonde as it looks in the avatar; I still have several inches of old bleach from long ago on the ends but the lighting doesn't show my strawberryness in this pic.  I started in April of 2004 with neckline length slightly layered hair-11 1/2" or 12" if I measured all the way to the short neckline.  I lost an inch or two in Jan '05 and then just lost 1/2" on the longest length and had my ends slightly rounded; I also cut a very thin fringe and am very happy with it; I don't have to constantly use barrettes when I want to wear it down.  I know, I've been against fringes or bangs but these are just baby fringes--why do I feel like I' ve just broken the law?  

Thanks again-SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 2:07am
Watch out...I think I see the fringe police coming!!!  hehehe

Actually, I have been growing mine out for a few months now and it is down to my mouth, but I'm really not liking the look on me. I have an appointment for Thursday to get a fringe cut again.  It will be thicker than I used to have it (although just slightly).  I will have it side swept and layered.

So if you've broken the law......then I've comitted multiple felonies!!!!

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 12:36am

Hello, I'm SpecialKitty, and I am a fringe-aholic!!! Yes, I too go back and forth with fringes. Right now, I'm growing mine out, but I bet I have a new one soon! Anyway, I love your new avatar, SF!

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 7:32pm
We support your endeavors, fringe or no fringe.  The only "law" here is respectful treatment, whatever your tastes.

You know we'll wanna see a pic of you with the new fringe, Rini.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 2:25pm
Thanks so much for the fringe support!  I can still comb them back and just a few sprigs escape, but I really am loving them.

Hey Rini!
If you show us your fringe, I'll show mine. 

'kay, now I'm scared...but I'll do it!
SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 7:10pm
Your hair looks so shiny as well as being a lovely colour. Good to have you back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 12:18am
Thanks, HFO!  Your avatar pic is gorgeous!
SF
strawberryfine
2aFii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 12:57am
Originally posted by strawberryfine strawberryfine wrote:

...I also cut a very thin fringe and am very happy with it; I don't have to constantly use barrettes when I want to wear it down.  I know, I've been against fringes or bangs but these are just baby fringes--why do I feel like I' ve just broken the law?  

Thanks again-SF

WHAT HAVE I DONE???!!!  I need some of that long hair support and comfort here, please...
I love fringes on others but not on me!  Actually, they are more like "fringelets" and I can comb them back into my hair with a bit of aloe vera gel and they practically disapear into the rest of my hair or I can tie with a silk scarf to help hold them back--and they shouldn't be too dificult to grow out--But I have lots of cowlicks and waves I had forgotten about, and I miss my "widow's peak" hairline!!!  About the same time I cut the fringes, I used some cone-containing products (no disrespect to anyone whose hair loves cones and the "slip" was incredible) on my hair, until today!  They weren't terrible, but my hair seemed to lose its "strawberryness"-lots of people asked if I had lightened it-- and it was beginning to feel dry so I returned to my old routine today- no-cone shampoo and conditioner, red wine vinegar rinse and my hair looks like my hair again!  I'll post a pic or change my avatar soon.  I could use some support and TLC, please.... look, I'm beggingCryOuchConfusedShocked... Would somebody please tell me it will all be okay and grow out and tell me some cool things to do in the meantime?Any products or techniques to make them "disappear" would be heartily appreciated!  I'm just glad I didn't do more- this is "fixable".  Thanks for letting me air my panic attack here- you guys are great!!!
SF

p.s. Can anyone recommend a coneless gel or mousse or type of barrette I might use till the fringes get longer to help hold the shorter hair back while it grows?  At least it is very healthy! LOL
strawberryfine
2aFii
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 3:16am
When I cut my fringe in, the condition seemed to worsen and I shed alot more. I don't know if it was coincidence or notConfused....Maybe George Michael was right about one length hair.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2006 at 5:08am

I'm so sorry to hear that you are regretting your fringe Strawberry.....hugs to you!!!  I'm still really happy with mine, but I do like to wear it back still sometimes if I just can't be bothered styling it or it's looking greasy after a few days of not washing my hair.  I usually use a mini flexi-8 to hold it back, or lately I've been wearing a buff head band on weekends......I like the "rock chick" look!!! hehehe  Here's a pic of my mini flexi in action:

Don't worry....fringes seem to grow really fast (at least mine does!) so it will be long enough to blend in no time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic