Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone tried/heard of these two shampoos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone tried/heard of these two shampoos?
    Posted: January 18 2007 at 7:22pm
I was in walgreens today and saw a shampoo called CHI infra shampoo. I know this is best used for those who flat ironed hair but what made me really interested in it is that it says it deposits protein in the hair and the first ingredient is 'Rose cabbage water' instead of the plain ol' water. Has anybody tried this? I tried to research it online and couldn't get much info on it.

The other one is a Shampoo made from a company called MOP. They make their shampoo completely organic?? I have seen this product pop up at my nail salon and thought it would be nice to try but I've been disappointed before. Have you heard of them?

Just trying to find a better alternative shampoo so I can use my Head and Shoulders less Wink

Thanks in advance
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 11:44pm
Hey Wendy Kim,

Shampoos don't need to be expensive to be gentle. This should work as a decisionmaking model regarding most shampoos-

Look for:  Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), a gentler cleanser than most.

Avoid: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS), or Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (ALES)

A handful of ordinary drugstore shampoos that have the gentler SLES:
Dove Intense Moisture shampoo
L'Oreal for Kids
Garnier Fructis

Hope this helps Smile
Anais

Edited to add:
Rose Cabbage Water is just another fancy name for some form of Rose Tea, or an infusion for cosmetic use. As for MOP - you may want to try some drugstore yet gentle products before you shell out money for "special" or "organic" stuff that may give you the same results as a gentle drugstore product.

There is no magic bullet. There's a certain amount of money, a turning point of sorts, where increased product price ceases to make a difference in product quality.

Edited by AnaisSatin - January 18 2007 at 11:49pm
my LJ, 40 inches long
Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2007 at 11:48pm
Thanks so much! I get so overwhelmed when I'm looking up at the 6 foot wall of shampoos! It's so hard to choose these days.Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic