Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Hair Care Expert in San Francisco?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GearMaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GearMaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Hair Care Expert in San Francisco?
    Posted: February 06 2007 at 2:07pm
Since the Long Hair Care Expert forum doesn't seem to get much traffic, I'd like to ask for help here. Does anyone know of a long hair care expert in San Francisco?

While I'm growing out layers of a shoulder-length hairstyle, I'm in need of someone to help me trim this mess and put me on the right path. Can't see much of what I'd want to trim if tried myself.

So any advice on who in this area might be sympathetic and empathic would be appreciated! Thanks. 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 4:13pm
Welcome GearMaven!  I'm sorry I don't have an answer for your question.  Maybe try consultations with various salons?  Ask if there is a long hair expert, someone who can help you grow out the layers, and help your hair to get really long (even if you don't want it "really" long, but you state it just to set the tone, so they don't trim too much).  Hopefully you can find a sympathetic stylist this way.

I was very lucky when I was growing my hair out (from very short layers) to find a stylist who helped me grow out the mess, basically trimming a tiny amount from the bottom layers until the top layers caught up.
GearMaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GearMaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2007 at 4:23pm
Thanks, Dave. That's probably what I'll need to do...even find a salon with one long-haired stylist in the place might help! Ha!

Can't wait until it is long enough for me to handle trimming the back myself. For now, I've been "experimenting" with tiny, tiny "dusting," as you folks say, and it has helped greatly.

Your hair is amazing, by the way! Having such fine hair, I doubt I'll make it even half that long, but I'm going to give it my best. Want to be ready for the grave with a lovely long silver braid!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2007 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by GearMaven GearMaven wrote:

Can't wait until it is long enough for me to handle trimming the back myself. For now, I've been "experimenting" with tiny, tiny "dusting," as you folks say, and it has helped greatly.

Your hair is amazing, by the way! Having such fine hair, I doubt I'll make it even half that long, but I'm going to give it my best. Want to be ready for the grave with a lovely long silver braid!

GearMaven, glad to hear the dusting has been helping you! Clap

Thanks for the compliment. Embarrassed  My hair is fine, too.  Your hair's growth potential isn't determined by your hair type, although fine hair needs to be treated most gently to minimize (or avoid) breakage.

(Oh, and enjoy all the life you have while you have it... the grave can wait! Wink )

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic