Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get my hair like this? (Pics and all)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wwfattitude1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwfattitude1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get my hair like this? (Pics and all)
    Posted: July 18 2008 at 8:41pm
Hello everyone of Hairboutique.

I want to grow my hair like WWE wrestler, Triple H. Preferably in the 2000 years. Here are some pics:

My hair is currently short. The color is a very dark brown. But there's a problem. When my hair gets longer, it gets thicker. Really thick. It looks stupid when it gets thicker/ longer. Over time it gets puffy (lol). So I need some info:

Triple H hair length (any estimate, doesn't have to be exact, lol)

Triple H hair color (specific color, not just blonde)

Tips. ( How to grow my hair longer without it looking stupid, growing it faster, etc.)

Thanks in advance. If you need any more info like pics or something, just say.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2008 at 11:36am
You're in luck, now is the perfect time to grow out hair from short to long.  (The worst part of that was always that in-between stage, but these days more and more guys are wearing their hair in that stage all the time, as its currently the style.)  Just let it grow, then when it gets long enough to all fit in a ponytail, you'll be almost there.

If your hair is really thick and mostly straight, it will look much like his when it gets that length and you get it blunt cut, as his looks thick also. That length is a couple of inches past shoulder length.   If your hair is curly, you'd have to straighten it (something you can either have done at a salon or do yourself with a flat iron).  Heat is not good for hair so it will be fried if you have to do either of those all the time, but that length is not terribly long so if your hair is normal to coarse, you can probably pull it off.  If each hair is fine, it may be a little harder, but even then probably still possible.

I might call that color medium to dark ash blonde, looks natural, not yellow or dyed looking.  The first picture looks more medium, the second more dark ash blonde.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwfattitude1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2008 at 11:55pm
Yeah, but the problem with my hair is that it grows thick and straight. So when it gets a little longer, it just gets thicker and thicker. Ok, here's a pic of me with the longest I've ever grown my hair to my knowledge. (sorry for the horrible blur job, but I didn't blur the hair):

Now that pic was from a few years back but my hair still grows the same basically and I NEVER want to go back to THAT travesty again.

So is there a way I can do this without my hair looking like THAT?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 8:01am
Hmm, well, is there a chance that your memories of that time are coloring your view?  It doesn't look that bad really, but you seem to have bad memories of it.  You look like you were a pretty young kid in that photo, so if you got teased, well, we all got teased for something or other, so just because you get the same hair style now, doesn't mean there'll be little brats around you make you feel like you look bad.

All that aside though, you can try styling it different ways to keep it from looking any way you don't like.  You can use gel or spray or other styling products to style it .  Here's a post on how to use hair products if you've never messed with them before:
http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=61913

You can also go to the gallery here (hit the gallery tab at the top of this page) and find photos that are the in between length on guys with a similar hairtype to yours if you need any ideas of styles to imitate for the growing out phases.  You can do a search for "male" and "medium" or "long" to find some photos of that length.

Or, just have fun with it.  Get some gel and do different things with it in front of a mirror until you find something you like. 

You can also get the lower parts trimmed off, just don't let them cut the top, so the top will grow out.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwfattitude1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2008 at 6:38pm
I never got teased as a child, but I just think it looks horrible myself, lol.
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 5:18am

Rofl, yeah seriously man agreed. That is exactly how I want my hair, like no other than The Game himself. He's just a pure bad ass. But, my hair is like REALLY curly and then poofy as hell when it gets longer, kinda hard to explain, but I hope you get the general idea. Curly, poofy (just expands/afroish). However, all of this changes (like Triple h's hair) when I apply like water to it, so that's the only cool thing.

Thanks Susan W or anyone else who is willing to help in advance.

Edited by Triple H - July 29 2008 at 5:19am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2008 at 8:34am
Okay then.  For poofy hair that you just want to go flat, you could use gel, but this will make it stiff, you'd have to play with it and see if you found a style you liked. 

Another thing you can try is oil.  You can use jojoba oil, or even try with olive oil just to see if you like it. (...olive is cheaper and at least you can eat it if you don't want to use it, but jojoba is a little better for hair since it doesn't go rancid and is a lot like scalp oil.)   If you only use a little, it may weigh your hair down enough that you like it better.  It should not make your hair look oily, if it does, that usually means you used too much, but the more you use, the more it will weigh it down.  It may or may not work well for you, but its something to try.

You could also stop using shampoo, and use only conditioner to wash your scalp.  After awhile this should help weigh down your hair also.  Some people's scalp doesn't take this too well, some people love it, you'll have to try it and see if it works for you.  After this, I really don't know what else to suggest besides waiting it out.
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 12:28am
Well I noticed, when I have water in and when it just looks wet with like mouse (would this work in place of like oil..?) or something it really does kinda look his (except much shorter). The problem is also the sides, what did he do with the sides when he was growing his hair? I noticed you said leave the top to grow up and cut the sides, but would it grow right like his did? That's where I don't understand as I haven't touched my hair and the sides/back part sorta are what look bad or overly long. Also, wouldn't stopping using shampoo cause a lot of dandruff to build up? As I can have problems with that sometimes.

Edited by Triple H - July 30 2008 at 12:31am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 11:53am
If you have dandruff, you may find that washing with conditioner doesn't work for you (no way to know unless you tried it though).  Conditioner will clean your scalp to an extent, just not as much as soap would.  You would still get it all over your scalp and scrub it around real good. Then again, some dandruff is caused by overconcentrated shampoo overdrying the scalp, in this case, washing with conditioner would actually help.

All of these are hair that is  what you might call the "the in between stage": http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=27062
In that style, the sides are left to grow somewhat long, and each piece of hair is almost the same length (his is trimmed shorter around the neck.)

If you just let it grow, but cut bangs, it may look more like this:
http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=9946

or there's this:
http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=8378

Hair where the sides and back are a little shorter:
http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=9352
and
http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=6422
and
http://hairstyles.hairboutique.com/details.php?ID=28670
(though that's flatter, is layered)

You wouldn't get it blunt cut (straight across), even if you let the top grow long and trimmed sides and back shorter until the top caught up, because then it would stick out kind of like a mushroom.  All of the styles above are layered so there is no thick step in the hair, just gradual shaping. 

I didn't see Triple H as he was growing his out, so I don't know what it looked like when it was growing.

Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 11:18pm
Is that jojoba oil a permanent, longer lasting affect? Because like said, my hair just keeps really poofy, especially when I wake up it's all messed up. It's also EXTREMELY thick too. And what about the mouse idea?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2008 at 9:39am
Yeah, if mousse or gel works for you, go for it.  No, jojoba is just an oil (like olive oil).  You'd put a little in, then when you washed your hair it would come out.  
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 6:34am
I might try the conditioner thing or ask around about it, thanks.
Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2008 at 6:38am
Ugh, sorry for double post, but couple questions:

1) Would you happen to know what Triple H's hair type could be described as exactly?

2) Couldn't just straightening my hair (via chemicals) work? Or just using the hot iron thing.

3) I'm not so sure about the 'no shampoo' thing, like how guaranteed is it to work? And how does it actually work, like the details about the process, could you explain a bit more on this by any chance, please.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Triple H - August 07 2008 at 6:38am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2008 at 8:05am
You said when your hair is wet, it already looks kind of like his, so you might not want to go to all the effort, as it will straighten and pull flat as it gets longer and gets more weight. You could do things to straighten it but those all have their drawbacks. 

Using the straightening iron takes a long time in the morning (I know one girl who says it takes her an hour in the mornings to do her whole head).  Otherwise, not too many drawbacks to that - heat is bad for hair that you want to grow, but you only want below shoulder, so that ought to be fine. 

Straightening chemically might work for you if your hair isn't very curly and is flat on top.  If its very curly, you will get curly roots you'll have to get redone.  That should really be done by a pro too, to avoid frying your hair.  It can be a bit costly, depending where you go, and damaging, (but not so much that you can't get shoulder length hair.)

As far as his hair type, there is a typing system:
http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html

If you click on 1C at the top you see photos, I'd say his is 1C.  Maybe 1B, but probably 1C.  As far as whether his is fine, medium or coarse, you can't tell that from a photo.

For washing with conditioner only, I'd really advise you to just try it.  Put some on your wet hair and scrub it around really well on your scalp and throughout your hair.  You'll need a good bit of conditioner.  It will clean your head, but it won't strip it of moisture.  It works for some people, but not for others.  It depends how your own skin reacts.  Just try it on a day where you don't have any plans the next day and don't have to leave the house if you don't want so you can see if you like it without wearing it in public just in case.

Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2008 at 6:06am
So... I'll have to buy just a conditioner product?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2008 at 12:58pm
If you don't already own conditioner, I'd suggest just trying it with a cheap one, like V05 (the advantage to that one is it costs a buck and it doesn't have stuff in it like silicones.)  Any brand would do though, really.

Triple H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2008 at 6:22am

Also, I meant like in depth, how does retaining from using shampoo help it become flatter? What does shampoo have in it that induces this process when refraining from use.

Edited by Triple H - August 13 2008 at 6:05pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 8:20am
Using shampoo, especially straight (not diluted) dries the hair out a lot.  It removes all of your natural oils and any moisture in your hair (which is why you replace the moisture with conditioner).  Conditioner isn't as good as your natural oil though.  That's why you can still have poofy hair if you shampoo and condition that you may not have if you used only conditioner to wash it. Your scalp's natural oil will weigh your hair down a bit, keeping it from poofing out.  Your hair's natural oil will get cleaned (won't smell) if you wash your hair with conditioner, it just won't get stripped away like with shampoo.

If washing with only conditioner does not work for you, I'd suggest at least trying diluting your shampoo with water (in a small bottle, roll to mix, don't shake).  Shampoo is usually over concentrated and overdries hair and scalp.  Often diluting is enough to get rid of dandruff because when diluted, shampoo still makes suds, but it doesn't over dry your scalp, which causes flakes.  If that doesn't work, there may be another problem, such as fungus, but in many cases this is all people need for dandruff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwfattitude1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 10:18pm
I've decided to grow it like HBK instead. Here are some examples:

I think it would look a lot better on me. And since I don't have to grow it on parts of the sides or the bottom half of the back, what would be some good hairstyles growing it out? My hair right now is fairly short. My sides and back are pretty much trimmed and my bangs aren't even at my eyebrows yet.

Edited by wwfattitude1998 - August 14 2008 at 10:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwfattitude1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 10:43pm
Also, to grow it out like that do I just let it grow and that's it? (Bar the sides and bottom)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic