Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Hair Type & Routines?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Hair Type & Routines?
    Posted: March 24 2004 at 10:49am
Tell us if your hair is naturally straight, wavy, curly
or chemically straight, wavy, curly.

When you hold an individual hair strand would you consider it to be fine, medium, or coarse?

If your hair is long & able to make a ponytail and then use your fingers or a tape measure to measure the circumference / thickness. Is it a thin tail, thick tail, or really thick. The more hairs you have the thicker it is. 2-4 Inches is considered Medium. If you don't have long hair but used to you can guess.

Also let us know if you have used any chemicals or colors on your hair within the past few years.

My hair for example is just wavy enough to not be straight, its Fine - Medium strands and when I make a tail its mid range thick which is about 2 - 4 inches around.

After you tell us your hair type please tell us your current routine and the products you use. Also if you've tried routines or products before that let us know about those too and if they worked and also tell us if you liked them or not?

Thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 11:05am
As I stated above:

My hair for is just wavy enough to not be straight, its Fine - Medium strands and when I make a tail its mid range thick which is about 2 - 4 inches around.
According to Fia's Hair typing system from another forum that makes me I believe 2a / F-M / ii
My hair is about 30 inches long which is about elbow length. I'm 5' 11"
My hair was blonde as a kid and it turned medium / ash brown in my teens naturally. I don't use any colors or perms.

My current routine is basically none. I don't wash my hair very often and when I do I only use Revlon Flexx shampoo for Dry to Normal. When I go out I wear my hair in a ponytail. My hair hasn't been trimmed since May 2001. I did snip split ends on the right front section of hair two days ago while my computer was defragmenting. I'm in the process of finding new routines.

I currently have a journal at Longhaircommunity.com
"PurpleBubba's Periodical Prose of Ponderings"
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9422

I am also in the process of creating a HairLog, as soon as I get registered. When I get that up I'll come back here and edit this message with the link.

Edited to add: I do have my new routine listed below.
earthtones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earthtones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 12:17pm
My hair is naturally wavy with a little curl thrown in.

When you hold an individual hair strand would you consider it to be fine, medium, or coarse?
My hair is coarse.

When you had your hair long were you able to make a ponytail? If so was it a thin tail, thick tail, or really thick. The more hairs you have the thicker it is.
Very thick tail. Every hairdresser since I've been a teenager has commented on how thick my hair is.

Also let us know if you have used any chemicals or colors on your hair within the past few years.
I use to highlight but gave it up about 3 years ago. very damaging.

After you tell us your hair type please tell us your current routine and the products you use. Also if you've tried routines or products before that let us know about those too and if they worked and also tell us if you liked them or not?

I wash my hair twice a week using Jessicurl cleansing cream(contains no detergent or SLS or SLES) and follow with Jessicurl TooShea Extra moisture conditioner. On my hair ends I use a leave in conditioner by the same company. I wear my hair up in a protective style most days and try to treat my hair like fine lace(as my hair idol says).

I use to use popular hair salon products which left my hair dry. I also washed my hair everyday or every other. This site along with LHL taught me to wash less and to try alternative products.
21/37.5/42 2C c iii
Golden brown, thick, wavy hair

It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got. ~sheryl crow~
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 6:02pm
Well, PurpleBubba, my hair is, according to Fia´s system, 1bNii. That means it´s straight but with a slight body wave, doesn't look wavy, strands are medium. My ponytail is about 8 centimeters around.

I have not colored or permed since 1993, at least. It is very dark blond.

I am allergic and have experimented a lot with schampoos. I have recently found that dilluting it and using a spraybottle is good for the skin. I use a really simple, cheap but gentle brand (swedish). I use conditioner, of course, simple and perfume free brands, and have finally found someone who sells jojoba oil. I´m really hooked on that. I wash it twice a week.

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
Nicole Z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2004 at 9:45pm
PurpleBubba originally wrote:

Quote ell us if your hair is naturally straight, wavy, curly or chemically straight, wavy, curly.

Mildly wavy/curly. a mixture of 1c/2a/3a

Quote hen you hold an individual hair strand would you consider it to be fine, medium, or coarse?

About half fine, half medium, with a smattering of very fine and coarse for flavor.

Quote s it a thin tail, thick tail, or really thick.

Not really thick, but it is thicker than most people I see. a bit over 4 inches around.

Quote lso let us know if you have used any chemicals or colors on your hair within the past few years.

I have never color treated or permed. Ever.

Quote fter you tell us your hair type please tell us your current routine and the products you use.

I shampoo 2-3 times a week; scalp wash twice a week, length wash once a week (sometimes every other), which is when I condition. I also use a bbb between length shampoos. In between washes, in combination with my hair's natural oils, I use either jojoba oil or almond oil on my length. For clarifying, I use one part baking soda in one part shampoo, followed by a deep conditioning treatment.

I use the GM product line, as I found my hair responds best to these. I've been using it for a year and I have really noticed a major difference in my hair. The color used to lighten significantly from roots to tips, but it is not nearly as noticeable now. Another major benefit of the GM line is they are very cost effective!

Quote lso if you've tried routines or products before, let us know about those too and if they worked and also tell us if you liked them or not?

Before I knew better, I would use the cheapest on the shelf. It worked, yes, but it didn't work well. I tried (and liked) Pantene, Aussie, and Finesse. I also tried but did not like Tresseme and Infusium. They were too thin for my thickness. I also used Suave and pretty much every other low priced bottle on the shelf.

I've also used Jason Organics: the jojoba and the help lines which I really liked; Trimedica's MSM infused shampoo & conditioner (which really made my hair soft); and Natures Gate which I didn't like.

My hair is almost to my knees (~50") and continues to grow longer. Rather slowly these days, but that's ok - it's still *growing*.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2004 at 11:28am
Hi Robert,

A fun poll!

1) Tell us if your hair is naturally straight, wavy, curly or chemically straight, wavy, curly.

A: Naturally straight

2) When you hold an individual hair strand would you consider it to be fine, medium, or coarse?

A: Medium

3) When you had your hair long were you able to make a ponytail? If so was it a thin tail, thick tail, or really thick. The more hairs you have the thicker it is.

A: The base of the ponytail is thick, and the mane gradually thins to the ends.

4) Also let us know if you have used any chemicals or colors on your hair within the past few years.

A: Neither. I have never permed or colored.

5) After you tell us your hair type please tell us your current routine and the products you use. Also if you've tried routines or products before that let us know about those too and if they worked and also tell us if you liked them or not?

A: Because I try to wash my hair only once a week, I have learned that I need to effectively clean my scalp. Here's my routine: I dilute about 1/2 ounce of shampoo into about 5 ounce of water, using a clear plastic bottle (empty shampoo bottle). Lather, rinse and repeat. Okay, not quite that simple. For details on my routine, follow the link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip033.htm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2004 at 2:44pm
My Routine Update

My 2 times a week Conditioner Only Wash involves one of these at a time,

Applying either
VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Conditioner
or
White Rain Extra Body Conditioner
or
Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner - sent to me via swap from Holland,

generously to my hair after wetting first. I make sure I use enough to make my hair feel slimey and coated.

Then I pile my ponytail on top of my head, cover with a plastic bag and place a claw clip over the bag to hold it in place. You don't want it loose, it should be like a shower cap. You can also try plastic wrap.

I then sit down for 10-20 minutes and just do other stuff or relax. Ladies do their shaving and such. I like to just listen to the radio.

When that time is up I remove the bag. By now the conditioner will not look slimey and will probably look like its gone. It does for me. I then rinse it out.

Then I re-apply the conditioner as if I were just going to put some on and rinse right away like the bottle says. I then rinse.

As I get closer to the point when all the conditioner is rinsed I gradually make the water cooler until its as cold as I can stand. This helps close the cuticle and smooth the hair better.

Note: Once in awhile I use my wide tooth comb and comb the conditioner through my hair. I don't have a certain step that I do this at. Sometimes it's during step one and sometimes it's during step two.

I also have Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and Knot Forgotten but as of right now I've decided to use them only once every ten weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Products & Ingredients

Alberto V05 - Kiwi & Lime Squeeze, Herbal Conditioner, Clarifying for extra body with rosemary & lemongrass extracts

Ingredients:
Water, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, rosemary leaf extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) extract, citrus aurantifola (lime), hydrolyzed collagen, ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), steareth-21, glyceryl stearate, benzophenone-4, corn oil, propylene glycol, disodium edta, dmdm hydantioin, fragrance, blue 1, yellow 5

White Rain Extra Body Conditioner

Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Ceteareth-20, Behenyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Citric Acid

Schwartzkopf Peach Conditioner / Schwartzkopf Perzik Crèmespoeling

Ingredients:
Aqua / Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quarternium-87, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myristate, Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Prunus Persica (Peach), Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methylparaben, CI 15985 (aka Yellow 6)

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, Original

Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-12 Distearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fennel Extract (foeniculum vulgare), Hops Extract (humulus lupulus), Balm Mint Extract (melissa officinalis), Yarrow Extract (achillea millefolium), Hydrolyzed Casein, Oat Flour (avena sativa), Jojoba Oil (buxus chinensis), Matricaria Extract (chamomilla recutita), Yeast Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil (helianthus annuus), Simethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Sodium Lauriminodipropionate, Fragrance, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phosphoric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Yellow #6

Aussie Knot Forgotten Detangler (Used to be called Slip)

Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cucumber Extract (cucumis sativus), Calendula Officinalis Extract, Simethicone, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Vitamin Shoppe Brand - 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

Ingredients:
Yep you guessed it
100% Pure Jojoba Oil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leave-Ins & Other

For leave-in, I currently am using my own conditioner and water mix. I use about a drop or two of the White Rain and the rest of the bottle is water.

So far I've only used my Jojoba Oil on dry hair. Mostly applied on the lower half of my hair. My application technique varies. Sometimes I use some in my palms and apply or I put some on my fingertips and apply. Sometimes I use a cotton ball. It depends on how much I feel like using. I really like Jojoba Oil. It's the only oil I've tried so far but I like how it oils the hair yet doesn't feel too greasy or wet.

The rest of my routine involves wearing a ponytail in public and then for bed I wear my hair like this

My Sleep Tail

On March 26th I started wearing my hair to bed this way. This was right after I trimmed my own hair using Feye's Slight U. Before this I wore my hair loose for almost 28 years, although my hair has only been long for about 9.

I use my covered elastics. I put one on at the nape and then carefully slide it down to the bottom position about 2/3 of the way down. Then I put another at the nape and slide it down to the top position 1/3 of the way down. I have not had any tangles from sleeping since I started doing this.

Here is a picture of my

"Sleep Tail 4/09/04"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2004 at 11:40pm
You know, Purplebubba, when the summer came, my doctor told me to wash the hair every time before I went to bed, to keep it pollen free. So I started washing it out only with conditioner. It has been wonderful for my scalp, and the hair, which is in better condition than ever! However, I did get tempted by some sweetsmelling conditioner, and paid the price for that, so now I´m going back to all perfume free.

For some of us, it seems less is more. Frustrating, since it is so much fun to pamper oneself!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2004 at 2:22am
Yes, I hear you there Viktoria.

I try to keep my routine as simple as possible so that if something doesn't feel right I can say, well it doesn't feel right usually when I use _______ and I should stop using that one.

When I first started it was once a week and I increased it to 2 times simply because I added another conditioner. Now I have 3 conditioners but I want to keep it to 2 washes or less. I've only tried the Shwarzkopf once so far and it's a nice product. But like anything it wouldn't be for everyone. It does seem to make my hair feel thicker which is what it claims to do.

I'm still such a rookie at this that I can't say for sure that the stuff I use works but it seems like it does. At the very least my hair is easier to detangle when it does get them.

:)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 8:28pm
Hey Robert, you're doing really well with your hair!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 9:33pm
Thanks Dave, I think the biggest difference is my attitude. My new routine has helped me becaome a lot more positive than I was. Not that I was really negative before, but I was getting a bit burnt out.

I do believe now that if I want my hair to be longer it will be. I wasn't sure before if I would want it but now I can manage it. My tangles are not a pain to remove anymore and I'm not breaking my hair off in clumps trying to get them out.

At the very least I'm at a point where I know that if something isn't working I can make a small change and it can work out.

Thanks again Dave. You are proof that men can have nice long hair at any length.
Lavenderfleur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavenderfleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2004 at 12:52am

*My hair is naturally wavy.

*Very fine

If your hair is long & able to make a ponytail and then use your fingers or a tape measure to measure the circumference / thickness. Is it a thin tail, thick tail, or really thick. The more hairs you have the thicker it is. 2-4 Inches is considered Medium. If you don't have long hair but used to you can guess.

*Thin

*I have pretty much colored my hair since I was 11. I am now 26. :) Recently decided to not color (or try not to anyway!)

*I currently wash my hair every other day. I use all natural shampoos and conditioners most of the time and also have Back to Basics shampoo which I really like. I have been doing weekly hot oil treatments with almond oil. Haven't been doing that long enough to know if it is really working.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2004 at 5:01pm
Thanks PurpleBubba, I like the occasional hair survey because it pushes me to really think about my routine.

1) My hair is naturally straight, but it "molds" really well as it passes my shoulders. I get one big "slight wave" after it dries.

2) Looking at one hair, it's very coarse compared to others' hair.. but not nearly as coarse as my other family members' hair.

3) My hair is slightly past medium thick, on a scale of 1 - 10 I'd call myself a 7.5 on thickness. The base of the ponytail is about 3.5" - 4". My post-shower hair doesn't poof out as much as it used to, nor as much as I'd expect it to, so sometimes my thickness only seems like a 5.

4) I have never used any artificial color, nor have I curled, flattened, or done any heat styling. I've blow-dried maybe a dozen times in the past 15 years. The only time I've ever been in a salon is to watch someone else's cholesterol treatment. oh, and I should count the two professional haircuts (one in the fifth grade, one in senior year of high school).

5) Suave! Ohhh Suave is amazing... their BioBasics conditioner is my favorite for its detangling properties, slickness, and frizz control. BioBasics smells like Tahitian Monoi/Tiare oil.
As for shampoo, any is fine as long as it has Sodium Laureth Sulfate-- e.g. Finesse, Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo.
I tried CO but I lost too much hair in the process.. with the friction and all.. so it seems like shampoo is here to stay.

Anais
Alibran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 10:30am
Originally posted by PurpleBubba PurpleBubba wrote:

Naturally very curly. It will do corkscrew curls if I coax it by winding it round my fingers as it's drying.

Quote hen you hold an individual hair strand would you consider it to be fine, medium, or coarse?

Very coarse. My hair has been described as afro by a lot of people, including an African lady (who should know!!)

Quote f your hair is long & able to make a ponytail and then use your fingers or a tape measure to measure the circumference / thickness. Is it a thin tail, thick tail, or really thick. The more hairs you have the thicker it is. 2-4 Inches is considered Medium. If you don't have long hair but used to you can guess.

My hair is the thickest of anyone I know. It's currently 22in long, between my shoulders and bra strap, and I have to put it in four plaits at night to keep it tidy because it's too thick to go in two. My pony tail measures between 5.5 and 6 inches around.

Quote lso let us know if you have used any chemicals or colors on your hair within the past few years.

I use a semi-permanent colour, to change my hair from mousy brown with grey highlights to very dark brown, which I think suits me better. The colouring doesn't seem to do it any harm, and I feel happier with my hair coloured, so I have no plans to stop.

Quote fter you tell us your hair type please tell us your current routine and the products you use.

I wash my hair once a week, except when I can't be bothered, when it might wait two or three weeks between washes. At the moment I'm using Aveda Sap Moss shampoo and conditioner. I shampoo twice, mostly at the roots, and not worrying too much about the length. Then I condition once and leave on for about ten minutes. (Added: forgot to mention, my last rinse is a cold one, and I don't worry about rinsing all the conditioner out.) I towel dry my hair, and use more of the same conditioner as a leave-in. I don't dilute it. Between washes, I sometimes use an Aveda wax or serum to calm down frizz, and occasionally wet the hair (but don't wash it) so I can re-style.

Quote lso if you've tried routines or products before that let us know about those too and if they worked and also tell us if you liked them or not?

I don't think I've used any products other than Aveda on my hair for the last five years or so. I borrowed a friend's Pantene once when it had just come out, and was horrified at what it did to my hair. I think my partner tried pretty much everything going before we were together, but has since joined the Aveda club. I can't imagine myself ever trying anything else.

Louise
Snuggles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snuggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2004 at 3:10pm

My hair is Naturally Curly. It is about 24 Inches long.

My strands are very fine, but I still have a TON of hair :/

My ponytail is about 5-6 inches around.

My natural color is black, and this is my current color:

My hair routine:

Shampoo/Condition every other day:
Stick Straight Shampoo and Conditioner (smoothing)

Stick straight Gel and Biosilk Glass Drops added to wet hair.

Blow-dry on medium with a round, metal brush

Straightened (Revlon straightener).

If i wear it curly, I just add the gel and glass drops, then allow it to dry naturally :)

**Starving Actor** --Will Work For Peanuts!
pixiecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 5:00pm

My hair is naturally very wavy and gets lose curls sometimes.  It is just touching my collarbone in length.

My hair strands are fine.

I measured my ponytail circumference and it is 4 inches.

I used to colour my hair with Feria blush blonde, but it was so drying and damaging that I went searching for something better and now I use Revlon Colorsilk in strawberry blonde because it is ammonia free and has alot of natural ingredients.  Colorsilk makes my hair so soft and it does not burn or sting my scalp during application.

My routine is to wash my hair twice a week with Redkin ALL SOFT shampoo.  Before shampooing I put coconut oil in my dry hair and leave it in for 2 to 3 hours.  I use Redkin ALL SOFT conditioner and sometimes I use Fructis 3 min deep conditioning mask.  I do not brush my hair, I use a wide tooth comb and gently use it when my hair has conditioner on it wet before rinsing.   I also get my fiance to give me scalp massages a couple of times per week.

My hair grows fast, so soon it will be long again.  I had to cut it really short because I used to bleach my hair to Platinum blonde and then my sister curled it with a curling iron and it all broke off to about one inch long.  Now all the old blonde hair has been grown out and my hair is really healthy. 

siras86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siras86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 5:00am

Naturally straight

Fine

around 4-5 inches

Nope never…

I have normal hair ... My current routine I oil my hair with olive oil which I think makes my hair feel wonderful
Then I shampoo and condition my hair (products keep changing haven’t found something I realllllllllllllllly like)
Then I rinse my hair with 2 tbsps cider vinegar diluted in 2 cups of water which really removes build-up (I live with hard water)

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 10:58am

Naturally slightly wavy although it can air-dry anywhere between straight and medium wavy. Naturall it is a blend of 50% brown, 30% red and 15% black and 5% dark blonde.

Strands are mainly coarse but smooth.

7 inches around and over 25 inches long. It has cosistent thickness all the way down.

Permenant dye two years ago (about an inch left) and a few natural semi-permenants. Hair is currently all natural apart from the inch at the ends.

I wash once a day with Pasionately Red shampoo and conditioner(because I had a red semi in and I liked the boost the shampoo gave). I clarify with Vosene Original once a month. I don't brush my hair when it's wet and only comb it if I need to. I trim the ends myself and only use straighteners once every one to two months. I wear it in braids when I go to sleep.

Edited by Hellfrozeover
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2005 at 1:09pm
I have a slight bodywave in my hair, when left unbrushed it it more curly but when brushed/combed it it straight. So manely straight with a bit of a wave.

I have fine-medium hair strands but very many of them.

I don't know how thick my hair is in inches but it is about 12-15 cm around my ponytail.

Have i used any chemicales in the last years?
Tons! I have abused my hair enough for a life time. I was a coloring adict. I had a new hair color every two weeks. I started when I was 16 and have now stoppped at the age of almost 22. Blowdriers, hair extentions and tons of bleach has helped me come to the conclution that this is not the way I want my hair to look (frizzy, damaged etc)

These days I never brush my hair when wet. I use bakingsoda to claryfy every two weeks. I condition twice everytime I wash my hair. (I also use honey in my conditioner the first time. )
I have stoped coloring my hair all together but now i have a nice line between my natural and colored hair
I trim my hair according to feyes method.

Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 10:36am

My hair is naturally wavy - it would be curly if it were short, but not terribly so.  It seems to be a short wave.

My hair is finely textured.

Apparently it is between 4 to 5 inches.  My hair is thick but not bushy thick.  Did not realize that it would be that thick.  The pony tail itself is fairly thick and does slim out alittle towards the end.  I can get  a fairly braid too, but it does not rival someone like Anna Kournakova's wrist-thick braid.

My hair is about waist-length in the back (was a little longer, I recently trimmed it).  It is in that U/V shape trim, not layered.  I have shorter bangs up front, I cut myself in that wedge-cutNot sure of the over-all length - how does one measure this?  Do I simply pluck a long hair and measure it to determine overall length?

I use L'Oreal hair color - Excellence - a store bought brand, nothing special - to touch my roots up.  It is dark golden blond in color with it getting lighter on the surface ends.  I realize that with longer hair, maybe I should not color, but after coloring down close to my natural color (I used to routinely highlight my hair and it got real bright)  I detected a hint of gray recently and simply refuse to put up with it.

While I toned my hair down (this was over a period of a few years), I experiemented with related colors in my range - mainly red golds although I tried brunette once.  I stuck with L'Oreal, and I have used Feria once or twice.   Once in a while I get the high-lighting bug, but will use a slightly lighter Excellence hair color rather than a harsher standard highlighter. 

(Note - it has taken me a number of years to get to this length and when I got bored, rather than cut, I would frequently play with color.  And it has taken a long while to get it to this length.  Have been considering gorwing the bangs out - but am not sure.)

I shampoo/condition every other day (used to be every day).  I prefer Biolage's shampoo/contitioners - the hydrating kind for color treated hair if possible.  The conditioner that comes in the L'Oreal boxes is also excellent and the tubes provide several treatments worth.

I recently began not combing my hair out when wet and it dries with a lot more wave to it.  Plus I am trying to pick it out versus straight brushing.  My hair can knot-up, so I have to be careful.

Styling products - mainly mousse and hair spray.  And whily I let the hair dry naturally, I will use a hair dryer on medium to style the bangs or it will look goofy.

I can get split ends and sometimes breakage, but in the past two years, this seem to be lessening as a problem.  One possibly cure to it was that I had been using a very stiff plastic brush and happened to find a more gently one (at Target).  Also, spot trimming helps eliminate problems.  The breakage occurs not in the longer, older portions in the back, but the somewhat shorter sides that are a lot closer to the 'styling' activity.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic