Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dyeing asian hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2003 at 1:09pm
I'm not Asian, I'm Mexican-American but like many Asian people I am a brunette with jet black hair.

Only rarely have I seen natural brunettes who look better with blonde or light brown hair than with their natural dark hair. Or visa versa. My fiancee has light hair and he wouldn't look good with dark hair.

Personally I have never colored my hair I like it the color it is. But you have to do what you think is best for yourself. You may be an exception, you may look great in lighter hair.

As far as people being critical of you for not being true to your "Asian roots" by coloring your hair, it seems to me that women of every race, (and some men), color their hair these days. You see it everywhere. Too much really, at least in my estimation.That is really a non-issue with most people unless they are "politically correct" to an extreme. I wouldn't worry about that.

To me people just usually look better in their natural color, it goes along with their natural skin color and overall look beter.

But I'm sure you know best for yourself.

Best of luck with whatever you decide!
Lady Maria
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 4:50am
Hello! I'm wondering how many of you asians dye your hair other than what you have naturally?

Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing people saying "why change your hair color? your hair is beautiful!" or "are you trying to be white?" or "oh it's better to stick within 2 shades of your natural color".

I never denied the fact I am asian and have no problems with my asian identity. It seems some people have problems with me dyeing my hair, esp. blonde. I've dyed in almost all colors from red to purple.

I mean, look at MANY celebrities, mostly natural brunettes, dye their hair blonde.

It's true not everyone can pull off with blonde hair. It depends on a person's features and skintone. I don't look good at all with golden or yellow tones, but if it's colored with ash or beige, then it becomes suitable.

I like it best when I had light brown with blonde highlights. People said I looked way cuter with this look. But sometimes I like unnatural look like having all over light ash blonde hair. After all, it's just hair and anyone can tell I'm asian. Why should we be any different from other groups who do it all the time? :)

I'm just curious what you guys think?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic