Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clipped and not happy about it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 12:32pm
Reply to message: 7.1375.1
Karen, I truly understand. I`m 16. About 7 months ago my mom took me to our salon and had them give me a spiral perm. We argued for weeks and finally she just put me in the chair and had it done. My hair was below my shouldes then. I say then because I just got it cut last week.
I cried and it took me about a week to deal with my hair. After about 2 weeks I learned how to maintain the perm. Well that wasn`t enough last month she began pressuring me to get another perm. My hair was growing out and the perm was getting that worn tired look. Ok this went on for a couple of weeks. She had it all planned another spiral perm and even had it decided how I was to wear my hair for prom. I tried to talk into letting me just roll it to make it spirally and i didn`t won`t to chance this next time my hair might be damaged. (The stylist really did a good job because the perm never caused my hair to dry out and look damaged.) but nothing would stop my mom.
Sooo....Wednesday before we got out for Christmas Break I went and had as much as possible old perm cut off. I ended with my hair shorted than I`ve ever had it. My hair is cut longer in front and shorter in back with a slightly inverted back. In front my hair is just above my chin. I have what you call an angled bob. I did this to keep from having to deal with my mom. And, you know what? I like it! I really do. Don`t worry what your friends say because if they laugh they were not your friends to begain with. You have a week before school starts back start now trying to learn how to style it. And don`t get frustrated. The next time your mom takes you in it won`t surprise you you will be prepared. I almost forgot I don`t have bangs... I never could decide or not.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2001 at 12:45am
Reply to message: 7.1376.1
Karen the haircut you got is sooo sexy, I love angeled bobs with buzzed napes and short bangs, I would love to see a picture of your hair cut. As for your freinds, its not there hair they don`t have to wear it so don`t worry about what your freinds are going to say, when I was in school and some one would cut her hair all there freinds would say nice things about the cut so don`t worry over nothing. How old are you and can you describe how you look so I get an idea what you look like with that sexy new hair cut. Tell your mom she is alright in my book. Sorry I think your mom did some thing good and at least she waited till after Christmas to get you a makeover. As for the pixie tell her to wait till after you get out for the summer, you might actually enjoy a sexy short cut for the summer, I hope to see your picture. And just remember in two years your hair can be back to six inches long if you choose to grow it out.
Paul D View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2001 at 10:39pm
Reply to message: 7.1375.1
Karen14

I really feel bad for what your mother did to your hair and she didn`t say any thing to you about cutting your long hair off wow she should asked you if you wanted to cut your hair and you must be in shock when you saw your short hair cut in the mirror.... but Karen don`t worry about what your friends say who knows your friends might like your new cut and I have a cousin who just a few month`s ago cut her shoulder blade length hair into a angled bob with a buzzed nape very similar to your cut and she hated it at first and she also thought her friends would laugh but when she went back to school all of her friends told her that her new hair cut looked awesome and some of her friends wanted to cut there hair just like hers and my cousin really loves her new cut and as matter as fact my cousin is planning to get a little shorter angled bob with a higher buzzed nape can you believe it but Karen just give it some time if you still hate your hair just grow it out and tell your mom that you don`t want a pixie cut this spring for the summer its your hair and you should decide what to do with your hair and I hope this helps you out.......

Paul
Karen14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2001 at 9:12pm
I had hair about 6 inches past my shoulders until tonight. That`s when my mom took me to the mall (we were returning gifts) and stopped at the hair salon. She took me inside and told the hairdresser that it was time that I went short. I had no idea she was going to do this.The next thing I know my hair is being washed and then cut short. I now have a angled bob with a clipped back and real short strait bangs. Mom says I look cute but I hate it. She says that I may have to get a pixie cut this spring for the summer. The girls at school will laugh at me when I go back. I hate my hair and don`t know what to do. Help.
karen14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic