Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FROM RELAXER TO NATURAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
zee9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zee9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 7:45pm
Oh, please someone help me. It's been about 12 weeks since my last
relaxer and my hair is already out of control. I have good products, I just
don't know how to style it. I don't want braids or locs. I just want healthy
natural hair. But I still have a lot of permed hair(about 12 inches). I'm
sooooo stressed.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:45pm
I agree with everyone, there is no way to strip a relaxer out.  Once the hair is relaxed it's permanent.  It will have to be cut off.  I grew mine out and it was very challenging.  You will probably experience a lot of shedding and breakage so stock up on your protein treatments!!  Be prepared to condition, condition, condition!  Any questions let me know.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2005 at 8:03am

U have to grow and trim on the way,  or just cut it off.

There are a few naturals here, Carameldiva and myself and I'm sure there are others. We are here to support everyone on the board and u can ask any questions you like.

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

kally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:26pm
It is a myth You have to grow it out.
"God makes no mistakes" he created you the way you are suppose to be.
Nubianqt86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:20pm
I decided today that I would grow my relaxer out, so if you need support, you can write me.
Nubianqt86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nubianqt86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 7:19pm
I heard that too, but I asked my stylist (who specializes in natural hair and extra long lengths) she says it is just a myth. The only way to rid yourself of a relaxer is to grow it out, or chop it off.
DANNETTA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANNETTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2005 at 6:35pm

I HEARD A LONG TIME AGO THAT YOU COULD ACTUALLY "STRIP" A RELAXER FROM YOUR HAIR. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AND HOW IT IS DONE. I AM REALLY THINKING ABOUT GOING BACK TO A NATURAL HAIRSTYLE...PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic