Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American Dream Order

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 9:08am
Im interested in 99J, 900, and possibly 118 also. anyone else want these? 

~Jenn~
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 12:59am
Does anyone want to split a 36" purple or copper with me, it would have to be curly.

I want to try it but dont want to spend alot and I wont need much.
NewlyGurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewlyGurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 9:21pm

I'm new...but can I get in on the order also?

Sherry

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:54pm
It looks like an S-wave to me and definitely not a soft wave, but it's hard to tell from the photos. :) 
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 9:29pm

Does anyone know what the french wave texture is? Is it an S wave? soft wave? deep wave? I forgot to get my catalog unpacked today....

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:25pm
Will do, Syren.

Metalgirl: Do you have a 600 on your ring, and if so, what's the color like?

Thanks! :)
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 2:23pm
Can I ask you gals to PM me with your selections? That way I can keep track. Also, I'll get back to you with a rough estimate of cost. After I make the order on Monday, I'll PM you with your actual cost.

Thanks!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 2:08pm
Link:
http://www.ad-hairsolutions.com/new/default.html
It's an interesting site, but confusing and totally not helpful - no prices, lenghts, nothing. And there's nothing on there about thermofiber.
mtolady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtolady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 11:39am
do we have a link to the american dream site to see selections???

you gals are making me think i need to try synth hair!
has someone been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool again?
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 11:21am

Hi guys, I got my american dream thermofibre hair the other day and im in the process of install.  Ive done it all back to front though as i have half of the extensions in and still need my colour done (which is peroxide blond) so anyway i am colouring my hair tonight so i will let you all know if the thermofibre takes any effect to it at all as in texture etc.

I must say though i am very impressed with the hair!  It looks and feels so real. Oh and i tested it today with the straighteners and it was fine! Great for someone like me that needs to straighten their natural hair.

xx

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 11:13am
Amm, For all intents & purposes (or most anyway) it appears that. . American Dream is the THERMO FIBER EQUIVALENT of PlastikHaar!!

i.e. it's available in HUGE LONG LENGTHS (ie. 36"!) , various textures, lots of colors (not as many as as PH of course), and wefted or not!!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 10:46am

I'll take a closer picture of the ring and post it for you all tonight.  I have to get to work, so I don't have the time right now.

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 10:41am
I don't know what American Dream is or what it looks like or how much it costs but I'm in because it's hair. And I gotta try everything. Heh heh.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 10:35am
Syren - I'm in. . .

But I need to get a closer look at that color ring!!! Metal - can you take a closer up photo of the ring?? I'm interested in the 25 (Beige) and 27H (Dark Caramel). THANKS!!  - Fina
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 10:24pm
What's your take on the hair so far, Metalgirl? And btw, what is that brown at the top of the picture?
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 10:24pm
With that range of colors we should be able to find what we need! But then again sometimes it is difficult to get an exact match. Its nice that the dyeable option is available to us if we need to dye the hair to match! I personally would like to get away from some of the dye/color that I do to my real hair....its just too dry and damaged! It will never grow if I keep it up!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 10:21pm

I ordered color #76, sight unseen and I would say it's a cross between PH's Esche and Vanille.  It's not as dark as Esche,but has some of the tone of it.  It's not quite as light as Vanille, but also is similar in tone.

I think that 613 looks similar to satin blond

On my ring, I don't have a 613B, but a 613D which looks almost the same as 613.

I also do not have the 88 on my ring, or the 6 for that matter.

I don't know what's up about not having all the colors  on the ring.  There are some colors on the ring that aren't listed in the book, so I don't know what's going on!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 10:09pm
Me too! That's the one I want! That brown at the top! I think non-peroxide dyes are the powdered mix with water ones like Water Works and Bijen, and the liquids like Herbatint and NatureColor. Why would you need to dye it at all if they come in so many colors? Now that SAS gave us the secret to hair blending, we can just dye our real hair and blend our synth to match.

Edited by Syren123
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 10:04pm
hmmm non peroxide.  I haven't been using anything but bleach and washout dyes for about a year but the way I remmebr it(and I'm too lazy to walk in the other rooma nd check right now) most permanent and semipermanent dyes use peroxide for developer. But whatever.

I'm excited to find out which one that top center brown is...  Oh god the whole obsession steadily grows further and further out of controll
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2005 at 9:56pm
I'm getting a color ring, too, and an 18" silky straight weft in...in...probably 6. I want to put this thermo thru our stringent wash/curl/tangle/shine tests before I commit!   
Mocha, supposedly, dying means dyeable! The catalog says:
Endures heat to 180 C and accepts ordinary dyes. This new fibre feels and acts like human hair accepting ordinary, non-peroxide hair dyes and enduring heated straightening appliances up to 180 C.
I assume it can take punishing curling appliances as well.

Edited by Syren123
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic