Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair straightening, general questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 12:01pm

Hello Cenescha

Are your daughters very certain that they want the straightening treatment? Straightening feels nice at first, but for some people the hair becomes severely damaged. It is also expensive to redo the treatment every several weeks, especially if you have to drive to Poland. I would think twice about the treatment.

You said your two daughters' hair is long and thick, and never had chemical treatment done.. it sounds very beautiful already.

Anais 

edited to add: your English is excellent!

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 9:42am

Sorry, I forgot:

We are "old" europeans, so my girls have european hair.

Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 9:36am

Hi! Or: Hello America!

I write from Germany, please excuse my English mistakes.

At weekend my twin-daughters have an appointment at the hairdresser. They will get a straightening in a shop, which works with Wella Products. So I think they will get it with Wella Straight.

Could you please answer me some simple (and stupid ;-) ) questions:

how does it work?

which are the steps (?) in which the hairdresser straightens the hair?

how often has the hair to be washed? how long must the liquids stay in the hair?

how often has it to be ironed (is this the right word?) ?;

what kind are the liquids and chemicals and how does it feel (and smell)?

how often within a year has it to be repeated?

and what are your experiences with it?

I live in the near of Berlin, and because a straightening in Germany would be very expensive, we drive to Poland – and  my girls and I don’t speak Polish.

Because its their first real experience with a hairdresser both will be very nervous or maybe anxious (and so am I), so I would like to explain to them during the treatment, what happens, what follows. I had in the same age a perm and nobody explained it to me, so I felt very uncomfortable.

At the moment my daughters have very thick long hair, which never had a chemical treatment. But now they should have a dye (?), too. Is it possible to straighten and to dye at the same day (from dark to light brown)? It’s a long way to Poland, and I won’t go there every week. I made the appointment for straightening and dye, and the hairdresser hasn't told me that could be a problem, but a friend of mine did.

I would be very thankful if you could answer my questions very soon, I found none Forum especially for straightening in German and the Wella Homepage doesn’t explain it very well.

Many thanks and greetings from Germany

M.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic