Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Year’s hair resolutions 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 11:00am

Sunsailing, I think your hair would look good in a braid. I've always admired guys with long hair who put it in a single long braid.

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:51am
Good luck miss Rini,  hope all goes well.  As for my hair I would like to comb it out more gently and let it grow grow grow.  Good luck everyone and happy hollidays.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:32am
oooh, add me on to the sharpen hair scissors more often list!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 10:34pm

-Be gentler when brushing hair so as not to cause more damage

-Absolutely NO dye (unless of course it's henna or maybe that dye that just glosses over your hair... but what I'm saying here is no harsh chemicals)

-Go at least two months without measuring it, so that at the end of two months I can be pleasantly surprised at its length!

-Sharpen my hair scissors more often

-Like sasumi said: RESIST THE URGE TO CHOP IT ALL OFF, EVEN ON THE MOST DESPERATE OF DAYS

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 4:31pm

Missrini, all the best to you. Please check in to let us know all went well.

New Year’s hair resolutions 2006

I've been bored with my hair this past year. So my resolutions are:

1. Keep it long.

2. Try to find more ways to wear it other than a ponytail or just down. (Difficult being male....)

I went through a couple of months of a lot of shedding a little over a year ago. My ends really thinned out. I resolved to gradually work through it by cutting just a little every 6 weeks (never more than 2 inches at a time.) It is now looking thicker and better again. I'm much happier with it today than I was 15 months ago, but still bored...

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 12:54pm

Yoshikisquall, here is a link to Fia's Visual Hairtyping page. Fia is so awesome. The site used to be a text guide, but everyone contributed a photo and she organized it into a visual setup. Woohoo!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Sasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 12:16pm
  - Give my hair better TLC.

- Gradually get better combing habits.

- Resist the urge to crop my hair short. (yesterday I was thinking about going pixie... )

- S&D more often.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 11:50am
yeah good luck missrini, I hope it goes well 

yoshikisquall: if your hair has a knot in the middle you should be able to slide out the individual hairs if it's a small knot. If you really can't untangle it, I suppose you'd better snip it out. I don't know if having knots is bad for hair but it will cause friction which will help form new split ends and it won't look very nice!

Good luck with your resolutions everyone!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 10:17am
MissRini, Take good care of yourself. You will be missed!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 9:42am
-Cut off all of my relaxed hair.
-Have healthy natural hair.
-Grow as much length as I can.
-Learn how to take care of my natural hair.
-Learn how to do new hairstyles.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 2:59am
Good luck Missrini, hope all goes well. Merry Christmas 
yoshikisquall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 12:47am

*Feels embarrassed* Whoa coming out of lurker mode is hard... But I wanted to say how much I love all you guys and your hair tips. For once my hair actually looks and feels really healthy! I'm very happy with it.

My hair resolutions are to:
1 To resist dying or bleaching it.
2 Not to blow dry or use a straightening iron, to live with my crazy curls.
 - and -
3 To treat my hair gently and not rip and tear through knots. (probably the hardest for me to do...heh)

Question for you guys, hair that has a knot in the middle (like if you take a long piece of rope and tie a knot in the middle), should you cut that hair if you can't get the knot out? Does it harm the hair if the knot is in it? Also does anyone have a link where you can find info to tell what hair type you are? Thank you for any help!

Get well soon missrini

EDIT (12Dec05): Thank you LadyFrog & AnaisSatin for the information ! I really appreciate it

Edited by yoshikisquall

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 8:55pm

All the best to you for your holidays as well, Missrini  Take care of yourself and I hope the surgery goes well.

Hugs
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 7:45pm

Hmm.....well I have one main resolution:

NEVER visit another hairdressing salon in my life.  That entails doing my own trims and colours (henna of course!).

Other resolutions:

• Endeavour to learn more about natural hair care (herbs, etc.)
  • Get the most length I can in one year...ie no trimming in 2006
  • Start a hair journal

That's about it.

Just a bit off topic (but I didn't think it would be worth posting a new topic!)....I will not be around for a number of weeks as I'm having surgery in a few days which will have me laid up and out of action for some time.  Anyway, I just wanted to say "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" and I will "see" you all next year.  Enjoy your hair over the holidays   God bless!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 7:18pm

I am looking forward to:

• accepting my hair for what it is - wavy and fine
  • learning patience as it grows longer
  • learning from others on this board about how to take care of my hair
  • being very very gentle with my hair
  • buying a satin pillowcase, satin scrunchies, and some pretty and hair friendly clips
  • keeping track of my progress and posting progress on this forum

Thanks Anais, for the inspiration!

gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 7:13pm

-         Use my flat iron less, less heat in general
- Try to wear more up dos
- Try a healthier diet
- Comb and brush a lot less ( only when absolutely needed)

-         Keep up with my vitamin intake

-         Have more patience with regards to the growing process lol

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 1:40pm
Great idea Anais! I agree, make it a sticky 

Im about 5-10 cm away from my goal (upper- waist) so here are my resolutions for 2006.

* When i have reached my first goal i need to trim every month in order to get the damage out of my hair. (There is alot of that)
* When trimming is done and hair looks and feels healthy i would like to grow my hair longer. I don't think the year is long enough for that however..
* Stop feeling bad because my hair is not as thick as it was before..
* Don't color hair this year!!

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 12:37pm
I don't usually make resolutions but if I was, these would probably be it;
  • get a trim of 1 inch
  • do more S&D
  • comb more gently
  • learn how to do a new upstyle
Please make this a sticky

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 12:29pm

Hi All!

Around the holidays, I like to get thinking about New Year's hair resolutions... so I was wondering, do you all have hair resolutions for 2006? What would your primary focus be (length vs. healthy length vs. healthy ends vs., etc.)?  

I have some that are hair-related.. these are crossposted from my journal:
- Reach a length that "looks tailbone" not IS tailbone... so about almost-classic.  And some of it should probably be trimmed off for all that inevitable combing damage. (I find that combing causes damage too, causing "stressed" hairs that have been stretched too hard but not snapped)
- Pick up my green tea habit again - green tea is supposed to be good for hair!
- Be happier with my length and not get hair anorexia, be happy with my thickness, especially as my hair gets longer and more difficult to work with.  
- Learn how to do Leia's Swirly Bun

Looking forward to seeing everyone's

Anais

ETA And if there is enough consensus, maybe we can make this a sticky thread for a couple months, ETA2 making topic a sticky, and editing for clarity

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic