Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions for Loose Hair Sleepers Only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions for Loose Hair Sleepers Only
    Posted: May 02 2005 at 7:40pm

OK My answers are in red as well:

I sleep ona Bean pillow, have had it for quite awhile.  I heard and it's proven true that you don't sweat while sleeping on it.  I hate *Bent* hair as I call it and I have never had that problem so far.

2. My Hair is Shoulder - BS length (actually below shoulder blades)
8. I wear my hair Loose to bed More than 50% of the time

Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
Color_Diva928 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Color_Diva928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 12:25pm

Hello everyone!  My answers are:

3.  My hair is BS length.

5.  I have a silk or satin pillow case.

8.  I wear my hair loose to bed more than 50% of the time.

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 10:50am

My answers are:

2, 5, 8

I use the satin pillowcase because ages ago I read an interview in which Beyonce said she uses one because cotton can rob the hair of moisture which can lead to breakage. I don't know if this refers only to extension hair or not, but at the time I had extensions so I switched to satin. Which is probably a good thing for me because every morning when I wake up I have a huge whirly-bird/tangle right at my crown so I figure I must really thrash my head around when I sleep.  Coincidentally, this is also where I see breakage if I get it. Maybe I need to invest in one of those old lady slumber caps like my granny wears....

shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 7:59am

Hi everyone!

My answers are in bold red -

1. My Hair is above shoulder length
2. My Hair is Shoulder - BS length
3. My Hair is BS - Waist length
4. My Hair is Below Waist length
5. I have a satin or silk pillowcase
6. I have a regular pillowcase
7. I wear my hair Loose to bed Less than 50% of the time

(and in plaits if i want to wear my hair wavy the next day)

Asmara

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 11:28pm
4. My Hair is slightly past Waist length
7. I wear my hair Loose to bed Less than 50% of the time because I have orthodontic headgear.
my LJ, 40 inches long
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 6:42pm
2,6,8,  was thinking of a satin pillow case when it gets longer.  I don't seem to have any trouble at this point.
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 11:59am

3. My Hair is BS - Waist length (like half an inch past BSL)

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
sarondie11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarondie11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 12:49am
i'm a 3, 5 & 8 girl myself! sleeping with it tied back at night would cause unwanted crimps in the morning, so i just leave it loose.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 6:37pm
The following apply to me:

4) My Hair is Below Waist length
6) I have a regular pillowcase
7) I wear my hair Loose to bed Less than 50% of the time

I don't seem to need a satin pillowcase to minimize tangles or breakage... but I do need to keep the main under control.  Rarely do I leave it loose to sleep.
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 5:09pm

I just haven't found a way of wearing it tied up that works for me yet.  Wearing it to the side often gives me kinks in the neck because I move around a lot in my sleep, and that's the same for wearing it tied in the back.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 2:54pm
my answers- ditto. Only my hair's 30-30 1/2, depending how carefully I'm holding the tape measure. I have mine in a ponytail most of the time and unless it's in a 'updo' ( hee hee! Funny word!) I just leave it like that.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2004 at 5:33pm
Here are my answers

3. My Hair is BS - Waist length (about 30 inches)

Until March 26th 04 I was a 100% loose sleeper. Now I wear my sleep tail most of the time but do wear loose hair once in awhile.

You can see a picture of it here, it's a larger version of the one in my signature

Edited by PurpleBubba
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2004 at 5:32pm
I was looking at one of the older Polls on wearing hair to bed at another site and I saw many votes on one of the polls for wearing Loose hair.

Therefore I became curious.

So for the people who "do" wear their hair loose to sleep please answer the poll above so we can get some numbers on each choice. Then if you wish you can post your answers in a reply like we usually do.

NOTE: the poll is multiple choice. Please choose more than one answer if they apply to you.

1. My Hair is above shoulder length
2. My Hair is Shoulder - BS length
4. My Hair is Below Waist length
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic