Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

salon selectives or herbal essences

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kristin17 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristin17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: salon selectives or herbal essences
    Posted: July 13 2002 at 11:33am
FreshVive is FAB! I used this yesterday and it cleaned my hair and conditioned it very well! I was impressed. Plus my hair felt as light as air and smooth and silky. And it didn`t strip my highlights! I think I like this shampoo to clarify more than I like Kenra Clarifying shampoo.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 3:02pm
Greengold is right...Loreal Vives are all pretty good...the shampoos are gentle and the conditioners are richer than SS for sure. If you`re going to go to the drugstore, Loreal is a good choice! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
greengold View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2002 at 2:06pm
YUCK!!

No offense, but neither! Go with L`Oreal shampoos and conditioners. NutriVive is very nice and smells nice and light. I guess I`m biased, I don`t really like the scents of Herbal Essences or Salon Selectives. To me, I think those products are on the lower end of the drugstore haircare quality scale.....pretty much everything I`ve tried from HE and SS has turned my hair into crud. I tried the molding putty from SS......YUCK!!.....it was sticky and gross....and that horrid smell. I also have tried the Full of It Shampoo and Conditioner and hated that as well. As for Herbal Essences.....I`ve tried the hairspray (sticky), the shampoo & conditioner for normal hair....(drying! overpowering smell) the pink bottles for color treated hair (the WORST! i wanted to cry when I saw my hair), and the clarifying green bottle stuff. (did I mention I HATE the scent of these products?? plus this stripped my hair incredibly.) I haven`t tried the Fruit Fusions or Intensives line yet....I just can`t get over the horrific results from the original HE line.

Anyways, completely my opinion.....I have almost the same hair type as you except mine isn`t very long....(a little past my shoulders).
Cristen weinberg View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristen weinberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2002 at 1:25pm
If you are looking for store brand items, I believe the best I have tried is Curl VIVE! I have long, thick colored hair and it is nearly as good as my SAMY. I usually use when out of my regular and it is GREAT!! Try it :)
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2002 at 11:05pm
thanks alot lyris
Rita (:
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2002 at 9:02am
The pink Herbal Essence (dry/damaged/color-treated) contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which can be too drying on hair after repeated use. Salon Selectives (don`t fade on me is the color care one) contains the much milder sodium laureth sulfate as its main detergent, so I would recommend that.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Rita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2002 at 5:02pm
which brand is better recommended for long, slightly dry, color treated hair salon selectives or
clairol herbal essences
Rita (:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic