Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yuko system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yuko system
    Posted: October 04 2002 at 10:04am
The last post contains some inaccuracies. Read this hairboutique article for some good information (although certainly not unbiased, since a practitioner wrote it):

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1104.htm

Thermal reconditioning does NOT repair hair--no product or process can ever do that because hair is dead from the moment it emerges from the scalp. Without cellular turnover, hair cannot be repaired. What the Yuko system does, however, is make curly hair straight. And straight hair reflects light more evenly than curly hair because the cuticles are lined up together; thus the hair looks healthier.

Also, the article observes that most clients can`t just wash and go after T.R. They still have to dry and style, albeit for only 5-10 minutes instead of the customary several hours it may have taken previously. And not all types of hair are well suited for T.R.: only chemically virgin and relatively healthy heads are recommended for this treatment. I hope this helps.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
jeannie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2002 at 8:27am
It permanently straightens and repair hair. It makes it very healthy and shiny. Where once you had to spend an hour to blow your hair straight or put it in rollers ...now you can just wash, light blow and GO!!!! No more frizz. The humidity won`t even phase it. You can have "Barbie Hair" all the time. No matter what type of hair you have.
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2002 at 4:54pm
what exactly does the process do?
jeannie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2002 at 2:17pm
I have been researching to find the best product or chemical process that I can do for my hair. I fight with my hair all the time and have to limit myself as to what I can do so that I don`t frizz it. It takes hours just to get it to look as though it`s tammed. I found this process on the net. It sounds fabulous, but it`s very costly. I have long hair so it would cost $600.00. I don`t have that kind of money. I feel desperate. Can you help ? Is this too good to be true? Is there an alternative to this Yuko?

Jeannie
Miami, FL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic