Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wedding Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wedding Hair
    Posted: May 07 2005 at 5:55pm
Well, not that this is at all discriptive or manual or anything, but I have seen some really pretty hair do's that are for long hair which involve a complicated french braid that swirls in different directions on your head. It is probably possible to do this with some hair down.
Some hair style magazines have wedding hair styles that are really beautiful. I'm also sure that in some wedding magazine there would be some tips for you.
Good luck and congrats!
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 5:57am
Congrats on the wedding! I hope you decide to leave your hait partially loose at least, it's so pretty and long. I don't know whether this is a style but I saw it done once and it looked really pretty. The hair was all loose but the front bits were kind of loosely pulled back and then kind of braided in to this know and it looked really pretty. Going to a hairdressers is a good idea, it's hard to do fancy styles on yourself and they'll be able to give you lots of style ideas. 
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erinlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 1:26pm
Lol thanks =)

The site has some good ideas I can work with. I dont want to go too nuts with the braiding but I might use one of their ideas and make it looser and still be very elegant.

I really want to do my own hair but my mom thinks i need a hairdresser...I can easily braid my own hair in many styles...but it often takes alot of redos.

I too can do a crown braid on myself....but half the time it turns out messy or lopsided.

Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 10:42am
Well I tried to post it with the fancy HTML and it didn't work. lol

Viktoria posted the same place as I did. Besides crowns, there are many other nice ways to do braids!!
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erinlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2004 at 6:31am
Thanks for the website Victoria! Im going to look into it. Laine1998 I didnt see a link in your post.

Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 10:03pm
ErinLynn, how exciting! You should check out this sight: http://dreamweaverbraiding.com/braid_examples/braid_examples_crowns.htm
which has some lovely dos - I think. Some of it has that slightly medieval touch that I think is quite timeless and handsome for weddings.

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 8:15pm
Hi Erinlynn, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Have you looked at the Hair Boutique's style gallery? It has lots of wedding styles.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 10:02am
Hi Erinlynn,

this is the only site I have for hair tips. Its for braiding.

Hope that it can help you!!!
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erinlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2004 at 5:47am
I am getting married next year and I need some wedding hair ideas. I want to keep some long and flowing with curls/waves or I want to have a loosely weaved and braided "bunch" at the nape of my neak that still gives lenght to the style and doesnt look like a bun or usual braid.

Anyone have any ideas or sites I might go to for hair styles?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic