Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Straightening Irons!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Israel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Straightening Irons!
    Posted: January 15 2003 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by AggiePam AggiePam wrote:

There is a brand called Hot Tools which has been recommended here many times. Also my mother & sister-in-law use them & love them. You can get them at Sally's. The salons use the same one under a brand called Helen of Troy. (same manufacturer). I don't know anything about the damaging effects. Anyway, they get much hotter than the conair irons. Also, you can adjust the heat.

STAY AWAY FROM HOT TOOLS!!!

If you are going to be using a flat Iron regularly (3+ times per week) than I STRONGLY recommend avoiding hot tools. It will cause a lot of damage to your hair before long. A better alternative to traditional metal flat irons are ceramic flat irons. THey cost more, but give better results and are far less damaging to the hair. By far the best ceramic flat iron on the market today is the CHI flat iron. It actually does make the hair not only straight but softer and smoother as well. It`s sold in professional shops (you need either a cosmetology license or be a student to shop here) for US$100 and they retail in beauty supply stores for $160-180. Its by far the best $100 I`ve ever spent on salon tools.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2002 at 5:10pm
There is a brand called Hot Tools which has been recommended here many times. Also my mother & sister-in-law use them & love them. You can get them at Sally`s. The salons use the same one under a brand called Helen of Troy. (same manufacturer). I don`t know anything about the damaging effects. Anyway, they get much hotter than the conair irons. Also, you can adjust the heat.
denise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2002 at 10:35am
The ceramic Babyliss (professional)is very good. $US80 i think. I`ve had mine less than a week, but I am loving it!
I am an Australian, but i`m sure you guys have them there, and/or could buy one online.
If you go to naturallycurly.com forum, and search for `ceramic` (and wait a bit while it does so), you should find a wealth of information. :)
I did mine a few weeks a go while deciding from the huge number of irons availible. I think i have made a good choice.
Good luck.
Priscilla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priscilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2002 at 7:49pm
I was wondering if anyone knows of some good salon-quality straightening irons. I`ve used the drugstore type, like the conair, etc., and they do NOTHING! Also, does anyone know if certain ones are more damaging than others? Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic