Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

??Where & Why??...Products?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ??Where & Why??...Products?
    Posted: April 14 2003 at 8:07pm
I found a wonderful seller of salon products whom I met initially through e-bay. She's a "retired' (i.e., non-practicing) licensed professional who offers great products which are 100% genuine at discounted prices. I get all of my Redken shampoos, conditioners and leave-ins from her. She is so very customer service-friendly, I am positive she would refund my money if I was not satisfied with a purchase, but this has never happened yet. She once refunded my Paypal account with $1.00 and change because (according to her) she accidentally overcharged me on shipping. Unheard of!

Hard to believe, but I buy my Biolage Glaze in Rite Aid! That's where I purchase my semi-permanent hair color as well, or at CVS. They run frequent $4.99 sales on Natural Instincts. I also buy my Loreal Studio Gels, Frizz Eaze and Aussie products at those drug stores. I've never returned any of these products. I have exchanged Natural Instinct hair color for different colors after stocking up and susequently having changed my mind.
[/url]

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 12:51pm
I get almost all of my products from the internet. Even if they are sold in a salon, I can generally find them much cheaper by comparison shopping. I generally go by hairdresser recommendation, word of mouth, and reading product descriptions. I have very fine hair so products are of great interest to me and I have tried almost everything (my bank account is hurting too). Very few work for me but I haven't returned anything yet. I am about to though. My hairdresser recommended a leave in volumizing conditioner that was written only in Italian. I got greasy hair from it so it goes back since it was $18.00!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
dingojunction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingojunction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 12:57am
Super Grover if you return beauty products at Wal mart be Careful! At this Walmart where I used to live (Round Lake Beach,IL) They stopped taking back Beauty products!! I tried to return a bottle of shampoo and they wouldnt even give me store credit!!! Anyway before you buy any beauty product from Walmart ask about their return policy on beauty products!!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 2:25pm
Sadly, the answer is All of the Above! And my bank account would prove that.

If my stylist recommends something, I usually buy it. Because, I figure I only go to a stylist 3 or 4 times a year, and if they're one of the more high-end stylists, I figure I'm paying for their opinion, I may as well try it. I don't think I've ever not liked a product a stylist has recommended.

Other than that, I like to buy drugstore brands at Wal-Mart. Their prices are usually significantly cheaper than other stores, and you can always return anything at Wal-Mart. (Or at least it sure seems that way.) I have brought back some products I didn't like.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 11:46am
All three. If it's something such as Redken All Soft (a personal favorite) that I know works for me, I buy at Trade Secret, as I've got coupons and they've got sales. My favorite gel is available at Target, as is Frizz Ease conditioner (another personal favorite.) I get Aura Almond Cherry Bark conditioner from Sally Beauty because it's wonderful stuff. Another thing I like about Sally: unlike Trade Secret, they have a money-back guarentee. I don't usually go by recommendations alone (and especially not by packaging) when I buy; I usually look at the ingredient list to see if a certain product is likely to work for my hair.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 11:13am
Hi you Guys;

I've got a question for you'all...just out of couriosity...Where did each of you purchase your individual products??

A Salon?

A drugstore or Target type store?

Or A mall Trade Secret or Regis type store?

Then my last question...Was the product recommended to you by...
An Ad?
A friend?
A Stylist?
Or you just liked the bright colored packaging???

And for those of you who did not like your products...

Did you return them and recieve your money back??

Love to Know, Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic