Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Schick Intuition razor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schick Intuition razor
    Posted: September 24 2003 at 9:15pm

I tried the razor too after hearing all these great reviews and it was the worst thing ever. I ended up taking a big gash out of the front of my leg that took a few weeks to heal because the soap was uneven and wouldn't let me get close to the razor. I will admit that it's fine for a quick weekly shave if you just want to get some of it off but it will not get you completely smooth. Mines collecting dust right now and probably will be thrown away soon.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2003 at 2:48pm
Quote I always wonder why they couldn't just make the razors like they did before. I was thinking that when I finish my pack, I'll probably go and buy men's razors,

Papillion, I pretty much used men's razors before. I really don't see the difference between the two. If my husband uses them, might as well just buy one refill cartridge, and he has his own razor and I have mine. Easier for shopping!
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 11:06pm
Hi,

I tried it and hated it. I actually threw it away.

The soap wore down way too fast and uneven. The razor is spring loaded so that it is suppose to spring down as the soap goes down, but it will not stay even with it. The soap wore down after about 4 shaves.

Take my advice....save your money.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2003 at 4:25pm
Hey Super Grover

I use the intution razor. I really like it. The only thing that I noticed is that the refills do not last as long as a regular razor lasts. (I can use one blade for about 4 weeks or so.)

We had got it over here (in Germany at a US Commissary or Grocery store) and cannot get the refills now! They don't sell them. So When I was back in the states last week, I bought a WHOLE bunch of refills!!!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2003 at 4:35pm
I haven't tried the Schick Intuition razor, altho I have seen the commercials. If it's anything like the "moisturizer band" on the new razors, it probably won't work well. The "moisturer band," which is a think coat of solid moisturizer above the blade, falls off after I use it about 4 to 6 times. And then shaving without it hurts the skin 'cause of the plastic that's left.

I always wonder why they couldn't just make the razors like they did before. I was thinking that when I finish my pack, I'll probably go and buy men's razors, since they don't have the strip, but now the companies are starting to add those to men's razors too!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2003 at 11:07pm
Has anyone tried the new Schick Intuition razor? It looks weird... It has what looks like a bar of soap around the blade, so you supposedly don't need shaving foam.

My roommate wonders why they put the soap on all sides of the blade, when you would obviously only need it right before the blade. Not beside or after.

I wonder what happens after the first or second time you've used it. The bar of soap starts out even with the blade. But it's like an inch thick. It looks like the soap would wear away and no longer be touching your skin after a couple of uses... and the blade would still be at it's original position. (Does that make sense?)

Anyone tried it? I've been using a Mach 3 for like, ever and should probably get a new razor. It's so coated in hard water residue, it's kinda gross. I object to the Venus, because that's just the company remarketing the Mach 3 for women and charging more! I'll probably buy another Mach 3.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic