Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hmm this is odd...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hmm this is odd...
    Posted: November 16 2004 at 7:47am
Lol yeah I'll be up to 10 billion posts in no time at this rate!
My avatar pic is Eowyn, the White Lady of Rohan. I *wish* I had hair like her's lol!!
Hair is: 1c (straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves)/ MF(medium-fine)/ii (normal volume)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 6:09pm
Hey Laura,

You posted your heart out today... terrific! It's nice to see so much activity on the boards lately.
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2004 at 11:24am
Thanks Dave! Wow I dont think i post that much, but thanks for saying i can
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2004 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Eowyn Eowyn wrote:

I sometimes fear I post too much!

Not possible! There is no limit. Lucky for me, some days I post up to 12 times (such as today). I dare you to top that.

Oh, and glad to hear you are having better hair days this week.
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 11:27am
Well, my hair seems fine today, its not really doing it anymore, it seems to feel happy and soft and likes the shampoo as far as i can tell so far.

Hmm I never thought about that Grace, it could be stess or something. Maybe it just did it, then its okay now.
My avatar pic is Eowyn, the White Lady of Rohan. I *wish* I had hair like her's lol!!
Hair is: 1c (straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves)/ MF(medium-fine)/ii (normal volume)
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 7:48am
I often get the "my hair hurts" feelsing when I'm stressed. Maybe it's my body's warning sign: "I'll let you off this time, but if you don't chill out, I'm going to give you a real headache."
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2004 at 6:25am
Hello Anais and korsakovhatt3!!
Yeah that had to be it, prolly from the pony tail, but the greasyness, Im not sure. I don't want to give up on the Loreal just yet tho, prolly try it for awhile and if it keeps doing the greasy thing then i guess not use it. The Loreal was shiny and smooth (comes in an orange bottle)

Its odd tho cause I usually wear a ponytail, maybe it was just an off day or something.

Thank you for saying that korsakovhatt! I sometimes fear I post too much!
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 11:22pm
I know what you mean, Eowyn and AnaisSatin. Ever since I was a little girl, I've complained that "my hair hurts" after wearing it up all day (especially if I wear a really high bun or pony-tail). When I let it down, the weight of it pulling in the opposite direction makes my scalp really sore.

Which L'Oreal shampoo did you use? You described a greasy feeling around your roots. It could be one of the ingredients in your shampoo that is causing this. A few years ago, I tried Fructis shampoo. The bottle says it has "fruit micro waxes". I don't know what those are, but they made my hair feel disgusting. My roots felt like they were coated with lard. I had to wash twice with my Neutrogena clarifying shampoo to get rid of the build-up.

P.S. Eowyn, don't apologize for posting so many threads. I love talking about hair as well. I assume everyone else on this board does too -- that's why we come here.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 10:57pm
I get sore spots too after updos. It depends on whether my updo is "balanced" enough. Sometimes if I do side braids at night this will happen too. It's the tightness or pulling motion that comes with my pillow being slanted. Either way, it happens when the weight of my hair is not distributed evenly through the scalp.

Also, the scalp will get sore if the hair is going in "the wrong direction" for a few hours. for example I can never do high buns or high ponytails for that reason. The direction and weight of the hair is just too wrong for my scalp's tastes.

Maybe one of these is the case with your "funky" feeling?

Just a thought.

Hugs,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2004 at 10:29pm
Hey all!
Sorry for so many threads!! Lol I get thread-happy! Its just nice to have a place to talk about hair with people.

Well, i washed my hair this morning with Loreal that I just started using today, and my hair has been good all day, and it was down in the morning, then I put it up later, and here its later at night, and I notice my hair feels funny where my cowlick is (I have one like the back of the top of my head to the left where my hair naturally parts) and well, it feels like greasy and the hair shafts (where it goes into my scalp) kinda feels sore, like you know how sometimes it hurts say if your hair has been up all day and you take it down and run your fingers through your hair? Its just like that feeling. Also Im not sure if its thinner there, but maybe it just seems to be cause its oily and the hair is kinda going odd directions. The rest of my scalp feels okay, but oily some like a tad exssesive but my hair not at the scalp looks very shiny and happy. Maybe I didnt rinse good enough or something? It just feels odd there, I hope Im not like going bald back there or something! It just feels funky.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic