Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Dave, please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Dave, please.
    Posted: January 04 2005 at 5:24pm
Aww... thank you Denise and Strawberryfine!
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 2:37pm
Welcome back, Dave!

And welcome back to you as well, Beatnik Guy!

SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
catt_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catt_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2005 at 8:43am
Dave!!!

A big welcome back hug,
Denise
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 9:12am
Thanks Beatnik Guy! It's good to be back... and hoping to be more of a presence on the 'net...
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2005 at 8:45am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

The Beatnik Guy is very cool, indeed.

Glad you're back, Dave!

Chris
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2005 at 12:05pm
The Beatnik Guy is very cool, indeed.

I used to use the NG brown stuff but it didn't work too well for my hair. Too much wax buildup. Proof that what works for some doesn't work for others. Hope it works for you, strawberryfine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2004 at 3:58am
Hey Beatnik Guy,
So you're not the auspicious Mr. D either? LOL
That's okay, none of us are. Well, except D.

But you're very cool in your own right. Great hair!

Thanks for the tip on Natures Gate Herbal brown stuff. I'm off to check it out!

Thanks,
strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 11:52am
Heh heh, heh heh, they're pooing with brown stuff. And it's not even a poo.
harpgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harpgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 10:42am
Hi Beatnik Guy...It's good to see you here. I second the motion about NG's brown stuff. It's great!
The Joy is in the Journey
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2004 at 9:29am
Hey Beatnik Guy! You sure look familiar ;)
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2004 at 4:14pm
And, I am not the auspicious Mr D either...but I will mention Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner (the brown stuff), which is pretty darn cool.

Hmmmm, it's been a while since I've posted here. Either the boards changed or they run a whole lot better in Firefox....either way, it's good to be back.
:o)

Chris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 3:46pm
Thanks eKatherine, for the tip on the kiwi. It seems I saw that on another post of yours some time back, and I kept thinking, "Why do I want to avoid the Kiwi Lime'?

I will put it on the DON'T list. I have mega allergies, but controllable if I'm careful!

Thank you for reminding me of this!
strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 6:27pm
Be careful with the VO5 Kiwi Lime if you tend to be allergic. It made my scalp break out something awful.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 5:22am
No, Dave, I haven't made up my mind yet.

I'm curious about the, Tigi BedHead Moisture Maniac, maybe.
I've used Nexxus Humectress and it seems very similar to the Biolage Conditioning Balm that I am using now, but I like Humectress. ETA: I just heard it has mineral oil in it; don't know if that is right or what it means, exactly.

I have to avoid some products that have camomile or calendula extracts in them due to allergies.

Phyto 7 or 9 looks interesting but I think it has one of those in it. I wonder if it would be enough to affect my allergies; hmmm... eta: unsure about these two...

I'm still open to suggestions for 'cone-free
conditioners...

Biolage Condition Balm is still my favorite and only conditioner. And I like to add jojoba to it.

And PurpleBubba, if we're going to make those paper gowns out of paper towels, lets just make sure the perforations are not in the back-a draft like that can't be healthy for anyone! LOL

strawberryfine
2aFii
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 9:09pm
LOL. You guys are cracking me up.

So, have you purchased your next new conditioner yet, strawberryfine?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 5:55pm
Hmm, I think whoever made those paper gowns for medical use should make some out of paper towels. Then when we ROFL we can get some work done too, especially with holidays.

Yes, again off topic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 4:36am
[QUOTE=PurpleBubba] "I'm sorry Dave but I can't do that[QUOTE]
PurpleBubba, you had me ROFLMAO~

Thank you, and all the other "not-daves" who answered. It was just the info I needed!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

strawberryfine

strawberryfine
2aFii

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2004 at 1:48am
"I'm sorry Dave but I can't do that"

Gosh can you believe 2001 has come and gone and we're halfway to 2010?

Sorry a bit off topic.

Um, let's see........
ah, yes

Some Aussie products (the brand name not the country) Do have cones.

3 Minute Miracle does and so does Knot Forgotten.

Edited to add: The products I refer to are the US versions that I have bought in Michigan.

Some products might have the same name and bottle in another country and contain different ingredients. Or they might have a different name for the same line but look similar and have different ingredients.

One example of the second part would be Suave and Pears. They are the same product line and the labels look the same but the ingredients might be different.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2004 at 9:44pm
Hi, I'm not Dave either. and I don't have any additional help for you (Korsakovhatt and PurpleBubba have it covered) but I wanted an excuse to say "I'm not Dave either"!!

Anais

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2004 at 3:38pm
Hi, I'm not Dave either.

There are several V05 Conditioners that do not have them. But not the new Oasis line. Some of those do.

Kiwi Lime Squeeze is one that I use that doesn't have them.

I also use White Rain - Extra Body conditioner.
Depending where you are it's either a yellow or silver bottle. If it's a yellow bottle it will have a blue cap.

Please be careful with Clairol's Herbal Essences. They have changed their formulas within the past year. The ones that do not say "Hawafena" usuall do not have cones but the newer ones that do say "Hawafena" usually do have them. I looked them up on some drug store sites and they were still showing the old ingredients and then I bought the newer ones at the store and found out they had cones.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic