Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bioton...good for a teen?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bioton...good for a teen?
    Posted: November 30 2004 at 2:08pm
I've heard many people take biotin for hair growth, but in my experience, taking biotin didn't really do anything. I have heard some stories about it messing up some people's systems (making them miss periods), so if anything like that happens to you, I'd quit. Taking a multivitamin to make up for anything you're missing can seem like it makes hair grow faster (if it turns out you were missing something, getting it will help your health in many aspects, including hair growth). Be careful not to take too much of any vitamins. One multivitamin a day is plenty, and too much of some things can cause hair loss (among other problems).

Hair typically grows one half inch a month (slightly more than a centimeter), so you can expect 6 inches of growth a year.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
rosebud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 9:34pm
I take it, and i'm 17. I searched on the net for any safety hazards, and didnt find anything about age. I believe its just a form of one of the b vitamins.
rory0907 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rory0907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 11:26am
im a teen and i recently got my hair cut, and i dont like it shorter than what i had before :( it was to the tip of my bra strap and is now right below my shoulders and LAYERED all around, which was stupid on my part. so now im desperatly trying to grow it back. would bioton be good to grow it out? id like it to be past my bra strap by april if thats possible....even before that would be great, but is it ok to take it even though im a teen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic