Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need in-expensive hair care ideas.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need in-expensive hair care ideas.
    Posted: January 01 2005 at 10:24am
Originally posted by vijay vijay wrote:

hai sister i am vijay haircareadvicer and messur

Maintain long hair. Because the body will take protein from the supply of hair at the time of
Sick or illness. because the hair contains protein in the form of keratin.this
is the reason for mothers hair falling after birth of child. So plz maintain atleast
Hair length between Shoulder length to Waist length(50-60cm

mpvijay@indiainfo.com

Hi vijay,

So you're a hair care adviser and a messur? What's a messur? Do you practice professionally?

When people's diets are lacking in protein, hair is low on the body's priority list (the heart and other muscles get the protein supply first). It just means that less will go to the hair follicles -- and the body certainly cannot reclaim protein from hair that has already extended beyond the scalp (so having long hair won't "help" medically). And it is my understanding that post-partum fallout is due primarily to changing hormones.

While we all favor long hair for ourselves (and support others in their long hair endeavors), we don't advocate minimum hair lengths.

Anyway... So, Lovebug... lots of excellent advice has been given. Have you had a chance to incorporate any of the ideas into your haircare regimen? And if so, how is your hair doing these days?
vijay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vijay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 11:59pm
hai sister i am vijay haircareadvicer and messur

use almond oil for better result

For Density:-
1.Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2.Take White yoke from Egg.Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

3.Curd is a moisturieser. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Dandruff:-

1.Squeeze lemon and take lemon juice. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur
hair.

2.Take White Vinegar 50ml. Apply ur Scalp leave 30min before wash ur hair.

For Lice:-
1.Spread Tulsi leaves on ur pillow before go to bed.keep head on Tulsi
leaves.

For YoungGreyHair:-

1. Add Castor oil with coconut oil(100+100ml).apply with gentle mage.

2. Eat iron content food or syrup.

To do this:-
1.Apply Natural Henna by paste format.leave 30min before wash ur hair.

2.Fold ur hair end with hair band. Dont use pins and clips for folding.

3.Eat atleast one egg or protein content food daily.

Dont do this:-

1.Dont dry ur hair by hair dryer oftenly.

2.Dont Brush ur hair with moisture.

3.Dont cut ur hair oftenly or improperly.

Because Straight cut makes Density, V cut makes long, Oval makes normal level

General Advice:-

Maintain long hair. Because the body will take protein from the supply of hair at the time of
Sick or illness. because the hair contains protein in the form of keratin.this
is the reason for mothers hair falling after birth of child. So plz maintain atleast
Hair length between Shoulder length to Waist length(50-60cm

mpvijay@indiainfo.com
MP VIJAYKHANNA
Lovebug3302004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebug3302004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 3:38pm
Okay, Thanks very much both of you! :D

I really apprecaite the help.
My hair is: 3a, Fine, ii hair, currently 23" long.
Goal: Waist, or about 34".
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 10:57pm
I have one more for dandruff-prone scalps: Scalp gel. It´s like an ordinary oil-free moisturizer in a special bottle for application to the scalp. When this product surfaced in the swedish pharmacies a few years back, it really made a difference for me, especially in the wintertime.

It would surprise me much if this was not available in the States, you have everything else and then some!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 9:55pm
Hi LoveBug. Shea butter is an ingredient. You can buy a conditioner that contains shea butter or just buy some natural shea butter. Where do you live? I live in Canada and I buy Out of Africa Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner at the grocery store for $3.99/litre. I also like l'Occitane Shea Butter Hair Mask (from sephora.com), but it's a bit pricey.

Shea butter is becoming much more common as a conditioner ingredient. Check your local drugstore or beauty supplier for shea butter conditioners. You can also find shea butter products and natural shea butter at health food stores. If you decide to use natural shea butter, just put a blob in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together to melt the butter and then massage it into your scalp and work it through your towel-dried hair. You can rinse with cool water if it leaves your hair feeling too heavy or you can leave it in your hair for extra shine and moisture.

If you can't find any shea butter products near where you live, there are lots of websites that sell it. Here's one site. I've used their leave-in conditioner and it was lovely. http://www.sheamoisture.com/

Best of luck! Happy Holidays!
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebug3302004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 3:26pm
Thanks!!
So what is this Shea butter? A certain type of conditioner? Or just an ingredient?

And thanks for the other tips about diluting, etc! I'll stop using the Head & Shoulders too! I've never really liked the stuff, but it did seem to work.

Can anyone think of any good conditioners I could look for?

And a lot of people talk about different oils they put in their hair, where could I find those? In the hair care isle? or some-where special?

Sorry for all of these questions, I'm just new to all this special hair-care stuff, and I'd like to get it right! :D Thanks for everything so far!!
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 11:19pm
All good advice.

Here's my input -- Throw out the Head & Shoulders. Shea Butter gets rid of and prevents dandruff and moisturizes your scalp and hair at the same time. Nizoral used to be the only thing that worked for me. I haven't had to use it since I started using Shea Butter. It's my favourite conditioner and dandruff prevention in one.

One other thing -- most people use way too much shampoo. Dilute your shampoo. I read that 7:1 is a good ratio. (7 parts water to 1 part shampoo.) Mix it up in a bottle so it's ready to go. It will be much gentler on your scalp and hair and you'll save a lot of money. Only use shampoo on your scalp. Don't lather up all your hair. The process of rinsing your scalp gets your hair clean enough. Massaging shampoo into all of your hair will just strip moisture and increase tangles.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebug3302004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 11:02pm
Thank you both very much! I'll try that stuff with my hair tonight.

I'll try the CWC treatment, but do you know which would be the best 2nd conditioner to use? I normally just do the Suave... and have no idea which other brand would be the best for the 2nd!
tesseract and amethyst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tesseract and amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 10:53pm
Well there sure is a lot of good advice here. The only thing I can think of to add is:

Air dry as often as possible. Blow drying is really tough on your hair. Between the heat and the manipulation stripping oils and moisture from your hair, not to mention beating up your cuticle layer, it is surely adding to your frizzies.

If you have to use detergent - er H&S or other harsh shampoos like that, try diluting them. When you get a half a bottle of shampoo, fill it back up with water and use that mixture and try to only wash your scalp and only. Don't bunch up your hair; just let the suds that run down the length wash that part. It should help both with detangling and the frizzies.

Try using a little of your regular conditioner as a leave in. It helps give your hair slickness that minimizes damage caused by combing when wet and helps your hair retain moisture when it's dry.

And be very gentle, doing comb outs, especially when it is wet and its most fragile.

HTH!
Relaxed 4b/4a (right side only)
Big Chop 11-6-04
Goals: healthy hair, then growth to
terminal length
Suers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 9:32pm
I remember when I had permed hair, a hundred years ago, I used to put some conditioner in some water and spray it on my hair. It was just enough to mist it. Then I would use a pick to untangle.

H&S shampoo is just yuck. I refuse to use dandruff shampoo except nizoral (actually gets rid of dandruff, wrecks hair).
I find Sauve conditioner makes my dandruff worse.

Good quality shampoos are worth the money. You don't need as much so a big bottle goes a long long way. Since I am not spending $35 getting a cut every 2 months, I am spending that $$$ instead on good hair products. Put the date on the bottle when you start using it and see.

Oil is good too. Use about 5 drops, rub on your hands and then onto your ends. Brush and then shampoo in the morning. You can use olive oil or whatever you cook with until you can save up for something better.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 5:23pm
Hi Lovebug

I think you'll want to try a CWC routine (condition, wash, condition) see this thread for instructions: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP627221160&id=702&sr1=duplicate+post+concerning&sr2=&ExMth=no#post705
CWC prevents dryouts, and curly hair (like Asian hair) is more prone to dryness than other hair types. Or you could CO wash (conditioner only) (instructions also in that thread)

The other stuff you'll want to avoid are brushes or combs.. Well you could probably comb, depending on how curly you are. A large number of curlies only use their fingers to detangle. That way it doesn't break up the curl pattern.

Head and Shoulders is a pretty heavy duty shampoo, especially for curlies. You'll want to find a shampoo that has Sodium Laureth Sulfate listed as the second ingredient. Any "Ammonium" is heavy-duty/may be too harsh, any "Lauryl" is heavy-duty/may be too harsh.

Hope this helps :)

-Anais

p.s. I'll be gone until Jan 3 (bye and Happy Solstice -- Merry Christmas -- Happy New Year everybody!! ).. and will miss this board very very much :)
my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebug3302004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2004 at 5:12pm
I'm only 15, and have about 20'' long hair, I really want to continue growing it out, at least to my waist, but it is really un-healthy now. It's always frizzy, and the back is all different lengths. (My last cut back in march of 2003 was a layered cut.)
It's naturally "curly" but I don't very often leave it curly because if I brush it at all, it just goes to a poofy wave. So usually I straighten it.. (yeah, I know it's horrible for my hair. but it looks the best when it is straight!)

So I am looking for easy, and in-exspensive ways to get it healthy (and preferably not frizzy) so I can just leave it alone and let it grow. The way it is now I am so tempted to cut it again, because right after the cut it always is smoother.

My current hair regime is washing it about every other day with either Head and Shoulders (I get bad dandruff if I don't use that.) or Suave.. Then I just use the normal Suave conditioner. Then I either just put it in a pony tail, or blow dry it and straighten it.

So if anyone has advice about what I can do to get it healthy, please share!! Thank you so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic